• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good vet in Barnsley?

Hi

i take my 4 to abbey vets in cudworth because the vet is great. but i think abbey vets are totally overpriced (just got a quote on vaccs that are half their price from vets4pets).

as we will probably have another bunny soon, routine costs are spiralling and my holiday fund is diminishing fast! so im thinking about changing but only to another really rabbit-savvy vet

so all you barnsley people, who do you use? or should i just stick to rebecca at cudworth?

forgot to mention - im in the town centre but would travel as far as penistone or a little further

Hi Sarah ,
we use Abby and they are getting a bit expensive on things like vaccs ..but...i did a bit of reserch about 6 months ago and they were definatly cheapest for spaying/neutering .

used Arncliffe vets before ...they were good but more expensive than Abby .

I use Abbey Vets for all my animals and wouldn’t go anywhere else. We see Rebecca at the Cudworth branch with my rabbits and have seen vets/nurses at the main branch with our other animals. All have been excellent and extremely friendly.

They may not be the cheapest around but the service is second to none. With a 24-hour 7 days a week main practise and a phone call the next day after your pet has had a GA it’s very reassuring. :wink:

Louise

ok - I'll stick to Abbey then - I know that Rebecca is a great vet and she was the one who sent me to Francis Harcourt-Brown when Gus was really ill last year - I reckon some other vets wouldn't have done that

So I'll drink 1 less mythos per night when I'm on holiday instead! My bunnies are worth the extra expense :D

There is one in wakefield that vaccinates for £7.50 each. I've been told. But I don't know where they are. Or who they are. So glad to help!! :oops: :lol:

Back