• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I get her another partner?

animus

Mama Doe
I'm quite concerned about Crunchie's emotional well being, she has lost both Merlin and Jake very suddenly and I worry that she may now be lonely :(
She seems relatively happy at the moment, running around and getting up to mischeif, she's even started to binky again but I'm worried about the long-term effects being single may have on her.
Neil and I are against the idea to be honest, we couldn't bear to watch her heart break again and it's just as painful for us to go through :cry:

Do you think it's worth the risk? and do you think she'd be ok if she lost another friend?

I'd get her another friend, rabbits forget quickly. It will help mend her broken heart.

Rabswood

awww, I'm sorry for your losses :cry: I wasn't sure if to get Gypsy a friend after we lost Bilbo last year. She was 6 months without a friend. Although She bonded more closely with me I think Gypsy is a lot happier to have Storm, someone of her own kind, to snuggle up to and to keep her company if i'm not there. It really is up to you and it also depends how many hours she spends on her own as well.

I can see where you're coming from in the long run but I think Crunchie would benefit greatly from having a companion as she may start to get lonely x

Think I might be the only one to disagree here :( I'd have to say No, i wouldnt. Wont go into it on here as its not for everybunnys eyes (Sorry :() but you know how I feel ... X

And for everyone else ... I know for a fact that Till was about 5 X happier before Boo came along, and for anyone wishing to disagree, I know my bun better than anyone. :)

From my own experience I would say definitely get her another friend. I had a bonded pair and the male (Charlie) died, Lily his mate was fine for a few months but then she really started to pine, she was pulling her fur out of her side and as soon as she had another friend, she really perked up and was a lot happier.

Wizbit said:
From my own experience I would say definitely get her another friend. I had a bonded pair and the male (Charlie) died, Lily his mate was fine for a few months but then she really started to pine, she was pulling her fur out of her side and as soon as she had another friend, she really perked up and was a lot happier.

Awww ... Sorry about the last post Im not rubbishing other peoples ideas. But its based purely on my own experience :wink: X

beckiboo186 said:
And for everyone else ... I know for a fact that Till was about 5 X happier before Boo came along, and for anyone wishing to disagree, I know my bun better than anyone. :)

Do you think its because Boo is a girl Becki?
Not criticizing at all, just interested (and nosey :oops: )

Katie, I think Id get her a friend- my thoughts on it are when they've had a friend before it can be incredibly lonely for them to suddenly be on there own.

mandy said:
beckiboo186 said:

Katie, I think Id get her a friend- my thoughts on it are when they've had a friend before it can be incredibly lonely for them to suddenly be on there own.

I have thought about that, and tbh no, i dont. I just went for the bun with the soppiest personality, relaxed etc but I really dont think Till wants a friend, she is so much happier around people. Anyone who met Till whilst she was alone could never describe her as being lonely or anything other than a very happy bunny ... :) (Her Mum has now v.succesfully buggered that one up! :oops: ) Will stop nickin' this post now :oops: X

beckiboo186 said:
Wizbit said:

Awww ... Sorry about the last post Im not rubbishing other peoples ideas. But its based purely on my own experience :wink: X

Don't worry at all, we all have very different experiences with our buns don't we!

My main concern is about her accepting another husbun.
It took her a long time to warm to Jake after losing Merlin, she eventually did of course and now he's gone, she must be thinking 'Well what's the point, he's gonna leave me too'

I know it might sound weird but she really does show alot of emotion, I worry that she'll feel even more devastated and rejected if it happened again.
I think she shows as much emotion as any human would, if the same thing happened to me, I think I'd stay single forever!

This might sound horrible, please don't take it the wrong way but from watching the way she was with Merlin, I honestly think they were meant to be together as a couple, I think Jake was like a best friend to her and now they're both gone, she has no-bun :(

Sparkefairy - We spend most of the day together, she's never without company

You know her best, Do what you think. Dont let anyone push you into it, or do it 'because its the right thing to do' .. if you think Munchie will benefit then thats the only reason to get another.

beckiboo186 said:
mandy said:
beckiboo186 said:

I have thought about that, and tbh no, i dont. I just went for the bun with the soppiest personality, relaxed etc but I really dont think Till wants a friend, she is so much happier around people. Anyone who met Till whilst she was alone could never describe her as being lonely or anything other than a very happy bunny ... :) (Her Mum has now v.succesfully buggered that one up! :oops: ) Will stop nickin' this post now :oops: X

Thats a shame. What about when she was with Charlie? (Or was she not?) Perhaps shes just got used to being single.

I would say in general tho, that the vast majority of rabbits are happier with a friend of their own kind.

Yep, I agree. Everybun is different and I honestly believe that if you are with them most of the time they don't need company from their own kind as much. As Becki says, you know crunchie best and you will know what is the right thing to do for her... :)

Mandy, Yup she was with Charlie ... it has to be the strongest love I have ever ever seen. She was totally head over heals and so devoted to him. I believe that he was her one and only true love (shes pretty fond of me too :oops:) and i thought for so long whether she would like another friend and i didnt ever think yes 100%, i thought 'maybe' ... but at least i have to lovely boo now to keep me busy X

Back