• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help needed with rabbit rescue

Nicola3

Mama Doe
I have been running my own wildlife and rabbit rescue for several years.

As some of you may know I have taken in quite a few ex-breeder bunnies from a local breeder that were due for the chop. I also take in rabbits from local veterinary centres and the general public that are due to be pts or are in need of homes. The local vets either ring me in person or pass my number on.

I also take in injured wildlife for rehabilitation from the local vets.

I have always paid for everything myself. Food, travel, housing, vets fees and do not receive any help from anyone.

I am finding it very expensive at the moment and really need to get all the rescue buns vaccinated etc. Also a couple of the rabbits need ongoing veterinary treatment.

I have sent away to the charities commission to register as a charity but it sounds very complicated and expensive. I'm not sure whether it's better to just run my own rescue without registering or not.

Please can anyone give me any ideas on how to raise funds for spaying, neutering and vaccination costs?I have 15 bunnies in at the mo that need their vaccinations and to be spayed/neutered.

I work full time and then go home and see to all the animals. So I don't have much free time to do other things.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Big hugs,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

I think when the vets pass on bunns to you then they should help you out a bit with cut price neutering etc....worth asking?

Im not sure about initial fundraising but I would set a minimum donation for when someone adopts a bun from you.

Hi Mandy :D ,

I do receive a small discount on my vets fees. Myxi and VHD jabs work out about £25 for the two jabs per bun. But at the mo I have 15 bunnies needing their jabs which works out at about £375. Then they all need to be spayed and neutered. Some have ongoing health problems that need to be treated.

It's starting to cost me a small fortune.

Are many of the rescues on here registered or do they just do their own thing?

Hugs,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Back