• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lets just say... (bonding questions)

Charliesangel

Warren Veteran
Ok, lets just say that I were two adopt two girlies, that were both spayed and ready for some boyfriends... :D

Lena.jpg
dana.jpg

And lets just say that I already have two boys that dislike eachother very much... :?

And lets just say that I want a group of 4... :roll: :shock: :D

Is this possible?? :lol: :lol:

Do you think that with two girlies added onto the group that Blaise and Oliver would learn to ignore, or even like eachother? I need honest opinions please :D

Alright, one more...

Lets just say that I was only allowed to add 1 more member to my rabbit family...

Would I pair her up with Oliver, who has been living by himself his whole life, wanting a girlfriend soo badly, and is bored out of his mind by himself in my room (I do always have music or the tv on, and there are people walking in and out of my room all day)? Or would I pair her up with Blaise who has always had a girlfriend, just lost his dear partner Daisy ( :cry:), and who needs a girl to keep him company becuase he does not enjoy much human interaction :? (he lives by himself, downstairs, where I visit him 2-4 times a day to feed, clean, and let him out of his cage, and try to play with him) Again, honest answers!!

Leah xx

As far as I know, if the boys hate each other then the presence of the girls may actually make things worse because they will be competing for the ladies' affection.

I had a male & female that hated each other & fought if they got clse. A year on, they are part of a bonded 9 & all is good :D But it did take a long time. If all neutered/spayed, it helps :D

You say it took a long time for your boys to get on - what did you do in that time to encourage them, if anything?

Right 4 weeks ago I would have said yeh go for it but after my 2 boys started fighting after falling really in love they now wont go back together so I am left with one big shed which needs to be split.

Unless you have plenty of alternatives i would say it is a big risk if your heart is set on a permanent group of 4 :)

I'd say get the boys a girlfriend each and then try the foursome but be prepared to have two pairs living seperately if it doesn't work. I had two girl buns who disliked each other when they met and fought quite badly, but they are both now part of a group of 7 and although it's not love they get on ok.

Back