• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Extending Living Quarters

Abi

Young Bun
Dylan lives inside. He is allowed out and the run of the flat anytime we are home, but when we are at work he stays in his cage to keep him (and the flat!) safe.
His cage is 100x50x40cm. He is a dwarf lop. I would like to give him a bit more space during the day and was thinking of getting a pen to attach onto his cage.
I have seen this type of thing on ebay, does anyone have any experience doing this and how it works? I think I might have to take one of the panels out.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rabbit-Run-Pl...1QQihZ002QQcategoryZ63513QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sorry no sure about those pens i have got one one of these

http://www.secureonlineshopping.biz/croft/main.asp?category=Showman+puppy+pens

and would reccommend 100% you can build you own size and have either plain, drop down, step through or crate door panels. i would also reccomend their hook and eye fasteners as that way you can just unhook the whole side of the pen when it is time to free range

here is mine (just a warning mine is 29" high and the buns can easily clear it so a good pen top is needed - i have got one on mine just not in this pic)

22-Oct-2006011.jpg

:D:D:D

Hello,
I haven't got either so no real help but having ooked at what you have and the link you sent if you got the one from ebay you could just plonk the cage in the middle without attaching it so that it is just fully encompassed by the pen. :)

cheekytikki - those panels look really good and i think i might get some to divide my rooms when we move house

my frida and bracken have a tendency to nip each other - would they be able to do so through the mesh?

thanks

That looks like the run I have for my two, I used to have it attached to an indoor cage with cable ties, it's pretty good although not too versetile as the panels are designed to be connected at angles. I gave up and let them have the run of one room now, I use the run as a gate across the door! Poppy did actually manage to jump over it once and she's only little so i'd be a bit careful!

Your cage is the similar to mine too, so yeah it would work but you'd have to tie the panels to the cage and it might be a bit of a weird shape as you can't make it into a square.

Back