• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP HELP HELP

hi everyone ok i have a dilemma

i have 2 cute wee bunnies just over 5 months now in the run to getting them neutered only thing is they have staretd showuiing aggresion to one anotyher mainly the bigger one beginning to woder if i have a male and a feamale was sold 2 boys/??? so i was told i know not to take notice of what breeders say but i was pretty unsure myself.

but just wondering what is best they wont killl each other wil they?? the wee black one makes squeky noises when the other one is chasing her/him

HELP

You need to get them sexed and sorted asap. If they are male/female than at five months they are old enough to mate and have babies!

Two males will often fight (especially if unneutered) and yes they will cause serious injury. It would be very unlucky for one to kill the other outright but rabbit wounds get infected easily and cause abcesses which could result in death.

Females can also fight although it's not as common.

Male rabbits can be neutered from 4 months - younger if you have a good vet.

I'd suggest seperating them now and then getting them checked by a vet tommorow. If they have any wounds they'll need treatment and the vet can sex them for you.

Squeaky noises sounds like a female.

You need to get a vet or a rescue to sex them for you if you can't see testicles when you turn them over - by 5 months they should be fairly obvious. If you have one of each you probably have more on the way :(

My 2 girls turned out 2 b 2 boys, thy will show aggression 2 1 another - I came home 1 day 2 find Harly with a big chunk of his head missing after a fight, he needed vet treatment inc stitches, def get 2 vet asap for sexing and neutering. ideally, jst now I would seperate them before 1 gets hurt - they will need time apart after the op anyway (prob a few wks) 2 let the hormones die down and thn thy will have 2 b bonded back 2gether. this is not as difficult as it sounds if u do it right okie dokes :)

Are you wondering if they are male/female because they are humping each other. Same sex bunnies do this when they squabble and want to show each other who is boss. Either way, you do need to get them sexed immediately and neutered/spayed fairly promptly. You obviously want to keep them bonded so do need to sort out the neutering speedily before they injure each other, which would make keeping them together a problem.

Back