• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tilly and her renal Failure

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
As most of you know Tilly has renal failure and she has been receiving Steriods and vitamin injections from Hazel to help her keep going. In the last two weeks Tilly has dropped yet more weight and her drinking has increased, she now weighs 1.9 kg when she arrived here in February she weighed 3.5 and weighed 2.3 when she started her treatment. She is drinking 1 litre of water per day to herself (well as far as i can tell, her and ron are drinking 1.5 litres a day). She is now having good days and bad days, on a bad day she will just sit and do nothing until tea arrives but on a good day se will be out in the run and playing. I really don't know what to do anymore, so were off to see hazel tonight and see what she suggests, Tilly is due for her next injection anyway.

Awwww Phill when my Renal Rabbits have gone downhill my Vet increased the Anabolic Steroids/Vit Injections to twice a week. Is Tilly eating well? I supplement Renal Buns with Porridge Oats, Weetabix.
Sending nose rubs to Tilly

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Awwww Phill when my Renal Rabbits have gone downhill my Vet increased the Anabolic Steroids/Vit Injections to twice a week. Is Tilly eating well? I supplement Renal Buns with Porridge Oats, Weetabix.
Sending nose rubs to Tilly

Janex

Thanks Jane, I have tried tills with porridge oats and weetabix but it makes no difference. She is eating everything and anything but can't keep weight on or put any on as she can't take the protien out of her food, her kidney function is that bad. Because Tills is having more good days than bad Hazel has upped the dose of steriods and vit injections and we will just have to see how she goes. On her good days you wouldn't think there was anything wrong with her but on her bad days i feel so horrid for keeping her this way XX

Hi Phill,

Sending Tilly lots of positive vibes. She is lucky to have such a caring and loving mummy.

Hugs to you and Tilly,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Awww hun when she stops having her happy days then its time but you know your bunnies better than anyone - sending nose rubs to Tilly :love:

Back