• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

turncoat bunnie..........aggression

Alpha

Warren Scout
:( guys i need your help!!!

I dont know whats happened to my normally affectionate Mr Pips. He is an indoor bunnie who lives in a cage, he has the run of the house and garden in the day when i am home. He is normally very affectionate and still is when he is outside the cage and will still snuggle down for a cuddle on my lap. The problem is getting him out.......normally at abt 9pm every evening is cuddles time where he will come out for cuddles only - not play or running abt. He still loves this but just recenlty when i put my hand in his cage he will let me rub his nose and normally crunches down so i can pick him up. Well now he will let me rub his nose whilst in his cage but as i go to pick him up he lunges and bites me and my husband. He is over 12mths old but as he is a resuce not sure of correct age. he has been nuetured for over 12 months too. I have checked his tummy just incase he is uncomfortable and he is fine not tender there at all. I'm at a loss now wht to do - i know its terrotory but wht can i do he has never displayed this behaviour before. My husband has had several nips now and says he needs anger management.... PLEASE anyone any ideas?/????

hugs
Alpha x

He might be in pain, bunnies are very good at hiding their pain. Maybe get him checked out at the vets just in case? I'm not sure what else to sugest :? it's usually hormones that cause this behaviour, but if he's neutered it's unlikely to be that. hope somone else can offer you some better advice.

Can you not let him come out on his own and come to you for his head rubs. My house rabbit just hates being picked up and yet will come to us for really long head rubs on his terms.

My boys hate to be picked up too. The like to approach me and then have their fuss and nose rubs. They hate me reaching for them and picking them up. :wink:

Hi folks - thanks for the help,

I did think abt the pain however he is ok being picked up when out of the cage, and he does comeout on his own to run around and he is fine then he does come for heads rubs etc. i think its just his cage he has got all funny abt. i think i will have to let him come out and then pick him up. just wondered as its only a recent thing and i have had him over 12mths and he has never been like this before.

thanks all

alpha xxx

Back