• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

National Rabbit Week

NRW isnt until january as far as im aware the website should be up and running mid december...

i think vets are going to do free bunny mots and stuff.... not sure what they will think of those of you with small zoo's........

:shock: Apple cores contain apple pips, which contain cyanide. There's no way I'd feed one to a rabbit!

In association with panacur rabbit? Does that mean that panacur is now officially licensed for rabbit use??

AlisonA said:
:shock: Apple cores contain apple pips, which contain cyanide. There's no way I'd feed one to a rabbit!

the pips contain a tiny tiny amount of cyanide (which in small quantaties the body can eliminate) you have would have to eat kilos of pips for it to have any effect. the pips also have an extremely tough outer skin which is very difficult to digest (most plants have the same so when the fruit is eaten the seed passes out the other end, unharmed with an extra helping of nitrates :wink: )
giving your buns an occasional apple core is not going to effect them. :D

I just gon an e-mail about it :shock: :shock:
It said
Hi there,

I've just spotted on the forum you were discussing National Rabbit Week. I've just registered with the forum, but can't get on there until they've registered me, so I hope you don't mind me emailing you.

www.nationalrabbitweek.co.uk is now LIVE! So please go on and have a look for yourselves, and let us know what you think. Please could you also let everyone on the forum know that the website is now live, and the pace is picking up to National Rabbit Week.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards
Rachel

maxxev said:
AlisonA said:

the pips contain a tiny tiny amount of cyanide (which in small quantaties the body can eliminate) you have would have to eat kilos of pips for it to have any effect. the pips also have an extremely tough outer skin which is very difficult to digest (most plants have the same so when the fruit is eaten the seed passes out the other end, unharmed with an extra helping of nitrates :wink: )
giving your buns an occasional apple core is not going to effect them. :D

I just eat the apple and cut the core in half - take out the pips and give Deej it - removing the pips takes all of 30 seconds! (and Deej loves apple) :D

Great info on the site, but how shocking to hear that At least 80% of rabbits in the UK are not being fed correctly. :shock:

Back