• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm Fuming!!!!!!!

TheGaffer

Mama Doe
We went into B&Q on Saturday to price up wood for the hutch extension. I asked a member of staff for some assistance, I explained that I was extending a hutch and that it was inside so didnt need to be water proof etc. and he proceeded to try and tell me that rabbits should be kept outside!!! and that perspex should be used as the base, cos they'll chew wood!!!:shock:
and I'm like 'well the hutch we're extending has a wood base and they've never chewed that!' Plus the fact I was asking his opinion about the prices of the wood, not his opinion on where rabbits should live!!!! :mad:

I was livid!!!!:evil: and proceeeded to inform him that rabbits make excellent, litter trained house pets!!!

What a moron!!! peoples ignorance never fails to amaze me!! :roll:

I'm still fuming from this incident! and needless to say, B&Q won't be getting my money, I'll get the wood elsewhere.

Silly person, perhaps not B&Q's fault though?? :lol:

I went to a local woodyard with a list of what I wanted and they cut it to size etc for you and it's cheaper than B&Q, you could try that

I don't usually talk about my bunnies to anyone but those who really know me, as I get very upset/ frustrated by the repsonses I get.
I've used Jackson's in the past, and my local hardware shop. I just went armed with the measurements though - no explanation offered!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I would be soooooooooooooooooooooo cross if someone said that to me and I would feel a big (informative) RANT coming on :lol:

There's a woman at college who doesn't understand the concept of house rabbits. She makes 'eww' faces when I mention they have a litter tray in my living room and when I said I wouldn't want to keep them out side (if I had an outside) she said but that's where they're meant to be, out grazing and stuff.
I'd love to have an outside to let them be out in for supervised play and grass munching but I can honestly say my buns are totally happy indoors and such a joy to interact with so closely.

Really bugged me.

Back