• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Animal Communication Course

Hiya Nix,

My Aunt is a Reiki master, when Zippy first got poorly back in feb, I took her over to the emergency vets as she was really quiet, but was eating and pooing (it was on the weekend), anyway they checked her and said there was nothing wrong with her and it was in my head basically. I took her to my aunt who performed some Reiki on her and she said she's got a pain in her head (pointed out where it hurt) and it was upsetting her.

On the Monday I took her to my own vets who checked her and found she had missing teeth at the back and the one set of teeth were growing up and touching her gums. It was on the exact place where my aunt had said it hurt her. My aunt knows nothing about buns and teeth so it wasn't even an educated guess.

Save your money. ;)

If you know and spend time with your rabbit then you already know enough to pick up on it's emotional state. I can certainly tell whether our rabbits are happy or scared, at ease or uncomfortable, without paying some muppet £50 to dress it up in spiritual mumbo jumbo.

Jeremy, I take offence to that generalised and sweeping statement, I am a Reiki practitioner and I'm certainly not a muppet, nor do I charge for any treatment to buns, think before you type. Reiki does work so don't knock it until you try it.

I'm with Lynda on this one - I hope to take up Reiki soon and will not charge for it on anyone or any furry.
As for animal communicators, I have used one in the past and she has always been so helpful and spot on - and she has never charged me.
I like to think that I can try and do things and believe in things beyond what most people class as "normal"! I honestly don't think such a word as normal should be used because everyone and everything is different.
Oh, and I'm not a muppet :?

bunnyhuggger said:
Jeremy, I take offence to that generalised and sweeping statement, I am a Reiki practitioner and I'm certainly not a muppet, nor do I charge for any treatment to buns, think before you type. Reiki does work so don't knock it until you try it.
I am sorry if I offended you Lynda but I was talking about "psychic" animal communication, not Reiki. (Although whether Reiki works is a whole other argument).

SOAD said:
Hiya Nix,

My Aunt is a Reiki master, when Zippy first got poorly back in feb, I took her over to the emergency vets as she was really quiet, but was eating and pooing (it was on the weekend), anyway they checked her and said there was nothing wrong with her and it was in my head basically. I took her to my aunt who performed some Reiki on her and she said she's got a pain in her head (pointed out where it hurt) and it was upsetting her.

On the Monday I took her to my own vets who checked her and found she had missing teeth at the back and the one set of teeth were growing up and touching her gums. It was on the exact place where my aunt had said it hurt her. My aunt knows nothing about buns and teeth so it wasn't even an educated guess.
Thats amazing!

I'm not sure on this one, perhaps is placebo i.e. i think you have to believe in it for it to work for you.

Different subject but i think a similar thought process behing chi and acupuncture. I think acupunture is great! But others say its rubbish

Jeremy said:
bunnyhuggger said:
I am sorry if I offended you Lynda but I was talking about "psychic" animal communication, not Reiki. (Although whether Reiki works is a whole other argument).

Apology accepted thank you. Animal communication has worked for our dog and we weren't charged for it either.

bunnyhuggger said:
Animal communication has worked for our dog and we weren't charged for it either.

I am not sure why everyone is taking pains to say that they were not charged. What has this to do with anything?

I was making a direct comment about the course posted by Nix, which is £50 for one workshop (of which there appear to be 2, so £100 for the full course).

bunnyhuggger said:
Animals don't have the ability to believe in it, so it can't have a placebo effect on them yet it still works.
The placebo works on the human judging the animals condition.

I do animal communication, and I have had my findings validated by vets and physio's. Although like most animal communicators, I find it hardest to talk to my own animals.

If you are interested Nix - go for it! If you want to PM me and talk off line feel free to do so.

Jx

bunnyhuggger said:
Jeremy said:
bunnyhuggger said:
Animals don't have the ability to believe in it, so it can't have a placebo effect on them yet it still works.
The placebo works on the human judging the animals condition.

and that would work how Jeremy?

Well, say someone's dog is lethargic but the vet doesn't know why.

The dog's owner takes it to a Reiki session (or acupuncture / crystal / magnet healing / insert alternative therapy of choice).

The Reiki healer makes a firm diagnosis and assures the owner that they are removing the bad energy or whatever (apologies if my terminology is incorrect).

The owner comes away much more confident than from the vet in the belief that the problem has been diagnosed and corrected, and subsequently thinks they see an improvement in the vitality of the dog, even if in reality there is no difference.

You also get the situations where the dog improves of it's own accord, but the owner automatically assigns the improvement to the session.

I am not trying to be disparaging. We all do it as humans. When Mishka's legs were so bad she would have injections and I would take the slightest improvement as sign that the injections were working and she was getting better, and I just didn't see it when she had a slight downturn because I didn't want to see it. In reality her overall health didn't change at all for a number of months other than slight day to day fluctuations :?

Jeremy,

Any animal communicator / reiki master / alternative therapist should be aware of the law, which is that only a vet can diagnose an animals condition.

A lay person (non vet) cannot do this, and if they where they would be contravening the Veterinary Act, also under the Veterinary Surgery Exemptions act, it does say that complementary therapies can only be given with the consent of the animals vet.

If I am treating an animal, I always explain this to the owner, ask them to get permission from their vet, then ask the owner to sign a form with their vet's details on, that they have given consent - including the name of the vet, along with details of the condition, before I will start to treat an animal.

Any therapist that does not follow these guidelines is breaking the law.

Jx

Apache said:
which is that only a vet can diagnose an animals condition.

I am not sure how you personally "treat" animals (ie are we talking about Reiki or communication now?), but surely you give the owner some kind of feedback?

We are perhaps using the word diagnose slightly differently. I only meant that the therapist gives the owner some indication of a problem, and that they are taking steps to alleviate the problem. This gives the owner confidence that their pet has been given beneficial treatment.

Hi Jermey,

With animal communication, you can say to the owner, that the animal is showing me discomfort, in his right hind in the hock area, for example, and suggest that they get a vet to check this out.

Which is fine, but if I said (and I wouldn't!) your horse has arthritis in his right hock, I would suggest you try devils claw, I would be in breach of the Vet. Surgeons Act, as I was both diagnosing and prescribing.

Hope that helps.

Jx

Apache said:
With animal communication, you can say to the owner, that the animal is showing me discomfort, in his right hind in the hock area, for example, and suggest that they get a vet to check this out.

Ah ok, thanks. That doesn't really fall into my example then since it is not you treating the animal but the vet.

Most forms of alternative therapy claim to treat the animal in some way, hence my comment about placebo.

Back