• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

GRRRRRRRRR F*****G cat......

Rexy bexy

Mama Doe
had caught one of our baby bunnies. Thursday our baby bunnies went on a mission from escaping from the rabbit run out of the top. Sadly the the f*****g cat got one and took off with it, it dont even live in our street i dnt even know how it carried it that far. When i found they had got out i rushed and collected them all up to find one missing searched the back garden about 3-4 times and cudnt even see how its wud get out so went and looked in the neigbours gardens then at the back and every1 would said they wud keep and eye out. Then about 8pm that night had a knock at the door from some friends jus down the road askin if we have one missing as it was brought round to theres as they have a rabbit. Went to collect it and then told us they think its been attackd by a cat. But what has really annoyed me that the people who brought it round to them didnt even have the nerve to say it had been attacked by there cat, we do know the people and this is not the 1st time it has happend, that same cat has killed one of our babies a few yrs bk and has also killed other peoples rabbits and g pigs. Anyway we brought it bk home cleaned her up and bangaged her leg up as the skin had been taken off, we gave her some water and baby food and put her bk with her brothers and sisters. Anyway the next morning we found her struggling for life so broguht her in and my dad held her till she passed away :cry: :cry: :cry:

as u can imagine i was very upset but more angry than anything i still havnt got over it, and i jus dont know what to do anymore, its been bk since, we had an adult rabbit runnin loose but went straight up to the babies to terrify them, we have tried to keep it away but no matter what still comes bk, iv hit once b4 i knw its sound cruel but it still comes back so obviouly didnt hit it hard enough :wink: i could kill it (dnt worry not goin to :roll: )

anyway iv wrote an angry letter to them not that it will do much help, but im just sooooo P****d off that they could even be botherd to appologise, i cnt even expess my anger right now :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

sorry for the rant

becky

btw im not anti cat, i like cats, my next door neighbours are lovely but this cat is a pain in the **** for every round our area, other people with cat h8 this cat cause it bullies every1s

Oh hun I am sooo sorry to hear about your bunny :cry: Bleedin' cats!

It's so rubbish isn't it? I guess some cats are born killers and others are just friendlier. I don't think you could train your cat not to go into other people's gardens and to like all creatures great and small.

I have a cat that is coming into my garden at the mo and she is VERY interested in my bunnies. She is constantly stalking the run/playhouse looking for them. She is there in the morning when I go out and when I get home from work. The other day I caught her putting her paw through the temporary argos panel I have on the run to reach for Fia!! I don't trust her AT ALL and I think she would do some damage if they got out but what can I do? I try and scare her off but then I find her asleep in my shed :?

I hope you manage to do something but cats are so agile they can jump over any fence and avoid all types of devices to deter them.

Hugs

Shiv

Sorry about the baby rabbit :( but it is NOT the cats fault.
If i get this right, they had escaped...not the cat breaking in to get them?

And please do not hit someones elses beloved pet! :x You can deter them easily enought by spraying them with water...it is not necessary to do that.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I would be furious if someone hit my cat...it is YOUR duty to protect your rabbits- cats are bound to do something like that if they come across a baby rabbit.

i knw thats the trouble u cant do nothing, because they are free roaming animals but if we had a dog and the cat came into the garden and the dog killed it then we could be done for having a dangerous animal, well so i was told, so just cant win.

If our rabbits escaped into sum1s garden and they killed it because it ate all thier plants then nothing is done as rabbits are classed as pests, this is what gets on my nerves

becky

Rexy bexy said:
i knw thats the trouble u cant do nothing, because they are free roaming animals but if we had a dog and the cat came into the garden and the dog killed it then we could be done for having a dangerous animal, well so i was told, so just cant win.

If our rabbits escaped into sum1s garden and they killed it because it ate all thier plants then nothing is done as rabbits are classed as pests, this is what gets on my nerves

becky
If a cat comes into your garden and a dog kills it there is nothing the owner of the cat can do,its in your garden
Its sad cats are very cruel i hate it how they catch there pray and play with it,but its in there nature,its what they do,you cant make the cat understand its doing wrong
Really sorry about the baby x

yes but before it has opend the cage on the hutch and took one.
The reason i hit it was because it got into the shed and was after a rabbit. Iv tried water many a times and come bk seconds later.

yep accept its nature and not the cats faults its but natural for them. Just when things like this happen it makes me angry and wish i cud do something about. hate it cause i feel i have to keep them 'locked' up. Iv even had put extra locks on their cages.

becky

We have to remember that cats are natural born hunters, and rabbits are naturally prey, as are birds and mice etc.

It is not the fault of the cat. It is just doing what it was put on this earth to do. Hunt.

I have two cats and if anyone had hit them I would be FURIOUS. If my cats go into a garden and get attacked by a dog, then I would not blame the dog owners - would be the fault of the cat for being so stupid!!

It is really difficult.... It is horrible to think of your animals not being safe in your own garden because of a neighbours cat but cats will be cats...

I stopped feeding the birds in my garden after I saw a cat get one - didn't think it was fair to encourage them down when it wasn't safe. My neighbour has two cats who are near on wild because she has ignored them since they were kittens (not sure why she has animals but that is a seperate debate :? ).

My rabbit has a secure run for when I am not around and when he is free ranging, I am out there with him the whole time. Even in this freezing weather....

I am so sorry to hear about the baby. I appreciate it is frustrating but all you can do is make sure the rabbits are secure. Hopefully if the cat can not get to them, it will soon get bored and go off hunting somewhere else...

God help the person who EVER raises a hand to my cat, or any of my animals. I would hit the roof.
You should not ever strike an animal. Under no circumstance.
The cat in this case is not to blame at all. As has been said already, it is nature for the cat to hunt. It doesn't see the rights or wrongs in it's hunting actions.

The person or people who are in the wrong, are the cats owners.

I am a cat owner. However I strongly disagree with letting cats wonder the streets freely. You wouldn't let a dog or rabbit (for example) just roam free!

My cat is a house cat. She is allowed access to my garden under supervision. If she tries to jump onto the wall to access a neighbours garden, she is prompty called back into the house.

My cat is my responsiblity. She is allowed on my land. I don't think she has the right to wonder onto other peoples land/gardens, so I prevent her from doing so.
This is for her own safety, and my own beliefs and responsibilty.

It is something I feel very strongly about.

If you have a problem with this cat, do not take it out on the cat....but on the owners of the cat.

I'm really sorry to hear about your rabbit Becky, but shocked to hear you hit the cat! :shock: I could say more; but I'd not.

Rexy bexy said:
iv hit once b4 i knw its sound cruel but it still comes back so obviouly didnt hit it hard enough :wink: i could kill it (dnt worry not goin to :roll: )

Someone once told me that cats do not associate events with places. So if you scare off a cat it will remember that you were the one that did it but won't remember where it was when it felt scared. So it will just keep coming back no matter what you do to deter it.

Sorry to hear about the poor baby that the cat got. I hope you find a way to keep the others safe but still have their freedom to roam.

well not sayin i wacked it one but it was after one of my rabbits i was jus protecting it.

anyway the babies pen has an extra cover and bricks on top

really sorry to hear about your bunny, cant think of anything other than a supersoaker to deter the cat :?

I can understand how you must of felt seeing the cat trying to get your rabbit. I know sometimes when you are scared it is a natural reaction to try and get the cat away, rather than a planned action. I think I would of done what you did, in the panic of trying to protect your rabbit. We have a cat near us that keeps killing the doves in my garden. It is a sickening sight to see the cat hunched over the poor dead bird eating it. The other day I popped out to the shops and when I returned there was a dead dove on my lawn with its chest all ripped apart. I don't think I could keep a cat. That really upsets me!!!

I'm not trying to cause an argument, but these are my thoughts while reading this thread...

If a cat could get the rabbits so easily, then surely a fox could. Why wasnt the hutch/run more secure?
You should never, ever, hit ANY creature. Imagine if someone came round and hit your rabbits?! My cat is an indoor cat for the same reasons as Veronica, shes my responsibility, and theres too many people out there who could harm her.
Also, why oh why didnt you take the baby rabbit to the vets when you got it back? Even if the injuries didnt look serious...it was probably in deep shock which may have caused tje death.

I'm sorry to hear about the rabbit, R.I.P little one :(

come on girls, stop giving rexy bexy a hard time

she has suffered a loss and is feeling bad

she needs support, not criticism

yes, she does need to secure her rabbits, and she knows this, so lets all be +ve

PS I am a cat lover too, but would never keep one because of their uncontrollable instincts

Sorry to hear about your baby bun.

My sister has secured her garden to stop her cats getting out and other cats getting in. She has trellis which bends over into the garden and netting on top of that, is your garden such that you could look at making it cat proof?

Back