• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Brackens sudden death

bunnies

Alpha Buck
I have posted in rainbow bridge about the loss of my beautiful boy last night.

It was very sudden and shocking, but I`m still at a loss to why it happened :?:

I feel about calmer about it now and have been out ridin, which has done wonders to clear the fog in my head. I`m not that knowledgeable with rabbits but am wondering if he had an abccess which burst that caused the greenish stuff to come out and in a word drown him???

I don`t think he had pasteurella didn`t show any signs, but a abcess in his body which burst would have overpowered him, the stuff did smell, a bit pussy??

Anyone help me with this I didn`t want a PM on him, it was bad enough didn`t want anyone touching/hurting him.

I lost my rabbit Suki - the dutch on the top of the RR site - similarly. I found her collapsed and with discharge from her nose. She's had mild snuffles months earlier but no recent symptoms. We rushed her straight the the vet and she died just after. The vet said he thought that she had a abcess in her lungs that burst - didn't have a PM though.

Tam

Mandy, I am so shocked to read about Bracken. You must be devastated. He was such a beautiful boy and I am so very sorry.
Call me if you want to talk. Thinking of youxxx

Thanks for all the kind messages, its been a terrible time and I miss him. Still can`t believe he`s gone and so quickly, it all happened within 1/2 hour :shock: :shock: :shock: :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back