• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A change of name for Jacob! (and a big thank you to BARC)

Morrigan1981

Mama Doe
:oops:

Firstly, a big big thank to Tracey and Angie at Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity for showing my OH and I around this morning and introducing us to all of your gorgeous buns. It was lovely to meet both of you and your residents - all of your bunnies look so happy! :love:

Coco is gorgeous, I wanted to bunny-nap him! :lol:

I also need to say thank you to Angie and Tracey for looking at my Jacob-bun and confirming that he is indeed a she! :oops: Methinks I need a new name for my lovely bun. Unfortunately 'Jacob' is a difficult name to make feminine!

I'm so embarrassed that I got it so wrong :oops: Jacob came from a friend of my sisters and when she first arrived I just took my sister's friend at her word that he was male, although I did turn him up last night and double checked and even then I was convinced that he was a boy. I recently insured him with Petplan... I'm going to have to ring them up with a new name and a new gender for my Jacob-bun now! :oops: :lol:

ha ha

willow was a girl for the first 6 months of his life :oops: , only found out on the day of his neuter when the vet turned him over ,was very embarrasing really dont know how i missed them :oops:

I was thinking why on earth are you changing the name ....I was thinking about my Isaac being a Jacob. But I see your changing the name for a very good reason! lol....
welcome to the world of owning a girl bunny! lol
look forward to hearing the new name! :)

Snowflakes mummy said:
I was thinking why on earth are you changing the name ....I was thinking about my Isaac being a Jacob. But I see your changing the name for a very good reason! lol....
welcome to the world of owning a girl bunny! lol
look forward to hearing the new name! :)

Weird! I nearly called Jacob 'Isaac' originally! :lol: I think they are both lovely names (for boy buns! :lol: )

My mum has suggested Jacob becomes Juliette, but it feels very odd switching to a new name after this time. I'm thinking about Jake or Jakey (even when she was known as Jacob I had started to call her Jakey-bun-bun :oops: ) but it's not very feminine!

KerinTravis said:
Jessica would be a pretty, and not too dissimilar name for her!! :D

Jessica is absolutely lovely, but unfortunately I have a close friend with a rabbit called Jessica, so I feel a bit naughty pinching her rabbit's name (I think I feel as though it's a sort of rabbit owner equiette thing?! :lol: ) It's funny though, because her Jessica is known as Jessica-the-male :lol:

My OH suggested Jacqui, which is nice but is also my mum's name, so a bit weird!

Poor Jacob-the-girl! :lol:

:lol:

I vote you stick with Jacob, she wont mind :lol:
I used to have a girl foster kitten who I calleed Ralph- it just suited her :lol:

stick to Jacob!

my first rabbit was Augustus - it should have been changed to Augusta when the vet confirmed she was a girl but Augustus just stuck

mind you my dad's girlfriend took in Felix and Greg - they were actually girl bunnies and are now Felicity and Smirnoff!

Hehe.. thanks for the replies. I think I am going to stick with Jacob, as it's too weird getting used to a new name for her now! :lol: I'd started to call her 'Jakey' or 'Jay' or 'Jakey bun bun' anyway and as a few people have said, Jay is a nice name for a girl bun! :D

I was jst thinking Jay as I was reading down the posts, I initially had 2 girl buns, so now I have a boy called Honey! Harly came frm harlequin cuz of his diff colour ears so that could b either.

Back