• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fireworks - not sure if I'm being neurotic or Dusty is...

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
There are lots going off and she is really jumpy. I'm paranoid about her, as she has had gut stasis twice. I want to bring them in for a bit, but not sure if it is safe with the temperature change. I've turned the heating off in the kitchen and opened the window (brr!!! :shock: ). What do you think??

In the absence of any responses, I brought them in. Dusty is still really frightened and cowering, and having the window open (to keep the temperature down) doesn't really help with the noise levels! Got to be quieter than outside though, hopefully.

Mine were really jumpy last night, in fact Maya stayed out all night as she wouldn't let me catch her :oops: But tonight they don't seem bothered. They seem to have learned that they don't touch them. And Maya was really hungry :lol:

This is the first night they've been really loud and close. I guess tomorrow will be just as bad. :(

Mines are bit jumpy tonight too.
I have also been battling with gut stasis recently with my lot.

Its a hard call. I think I'm going to stick it out with them at the moment outside. I have put a radio in their run, which they are used to when I am cleaning them, seems to dampen the noise a bit. I too will be bringing mines in if it gets too much though.

As long as you pop bun out first thing in the morning I think they'll be fine temperature wise.

Fiona x

I have Pickle in my living room with the TV on - the noise is quite loud outside but the TV is keeping a steady level of noise going so its not so bad. He just sitting watching the X factor with me LOL!! :lol: :lol:

I've just shut the window, as the noise is ridiculous. Hope the temperature doesn't get too warm in there for them.

mine are ok at the moment as soon as they started i shut the windows and gave them things to take their minds of it (1/2kg of slightly compressed hay seems to be doing the job) i have also decided tht if they start to panic at all i will put the TV on for them (maybe some nice cartoons) to drown out the noise. bit hectic here coping with one terrified lab (not usually scared but they are REALLY loud this year :( ) 1 terrified cat and our other terrified cat is shut in next door neighbours wardrobe :shock: :lol:
stupid fireworks :evil:

hope your bun feels better soon how about some different toys or cardboard rolls stuffed with treats and hay to take her mind of it?

Mine came in for most of yesterday evening til it calmed down a bit - My older one is fine with fireworks, but it was the baby one I was worried about - but he seemed fine.

Back