• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What toys do you have for your buns?

rachael1969

Warren Scout
I constantly worry my two are bored, especially with me being out all day at work. They have one of those tunnels from P@H (and i've just ordered another!!) 3 Jingle balls, one hay ball, one wicker ball, a wicker basket to chew on and of course their little hidey cupboard with a bed and their food in.

They dont seem interested in those other little toys you can buy, like the dumbells. And i bought them a seagrass mat which they just pooped over!!

Has anyone got any different ideas on how to keep them occupied? Or is what i have enough?

Can i also ask, what size bowl should i be giving them now to eat out of? They are 13 weeks, and currently have one of those hamster bowls each. should they be on the larger ones?

Oooops, sorry for the long post........Can you tell its Friday!! :lol: :lol:

A treatball :D Bunnies love their pellets so it keeps them interested in the ball and occupies them for ages chasing it around to get them out.

Tam

My bunnies have got a wooden carrot with holes in it for treats and a bell too. Pickle seems to ring the bell in the morning, think its his wayof saying 'i'm hungry, wheres my breaky?'

Everything I buy gets destroyed, so i'm all for cheap stuff now (God I sound tight!!). Mine love the Yellow Pages, & old phone books, empty toliet/kitchen roll tubes, & newspaper. & they love willow sticks & balls.

They've got a few cardboard tubes, & a long tunnel. Polly & Alfie have a house.

A few dumbells, a couple of plastic ball things, a bell or two, a fake carrot, paper sacks (from my horses food). There's almost enough room for the buns :lol:

Loo roll middles stuffed with hay/veg. Ceral boxes again stuffed with hay. Couple of jingly balls. Long play tunnel. Igloo type hidey thingy and some Kabob thingys with bits of wood and chews hung on them. Also now and then the get willow balls and willow twigs

mady seems to like cheap toys any pet shop toys she''s not that interested in.

loo rolls are a winner

she loves paper cups = ask for a clear one when going to the cinema or maccy d etc

shoe box lid

go to asda and get one of the cardboard trays they store the long life or soya milk in - can be a great tunnel

poundland is great of staff = i got a parrot toy with bell which hangs in her cage - she likes making a noise and i sometimes put hay and veg in the rings.

can't think of any more :lol:

mine aren't really interested in pet shop toys exceps for willow balls, they all have tunnels as well its quite funny trying to watch the bigger bunnies squeeze through one :shock: :lol:

I think their favourite toys are shoeboxes, magazines and letters!!!

mine have jingle balls
some of those plastic ball the tacky kids toys come in that you get from vending machines
yellow pages
an egg shaped treat ball thingy
and a new hit!!!!!
i got a plastic storage container and filled it with the balls you can buy for ball pits! they are scattered EVERYWHERE :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: so i guess they must kind of like them :lol: :lol:

Sugarplum's been playing with her jingle ball :D none of my other rabbits have ever bothered with it!!!

Mine have a large jingly ball stuffed with their breakfast which keeps them ocupied for a while. I also do the same with willow balls. They also have a windchime in their run, Which I think Tappet likes to hit now and then. The also have a wicker basket stuffed with hay. When I bring them inside they have some cardboard boxes with holes cut out and also usually willow balls stuffed with grass. Their favorite game though seems to be to do circuits of the run, jumping up onto the hutch and resting there. :D

mine have:

a teo story cat basket, 2 jingle dumbells, 2 jingle balls, two plastic chairs (kid size), treat ball, dumbell, pet carrier, plastic plant pots, wooden chews, shoebox, cat fishing rod with a fake carrot on the end, cat jingl balls and a tunnel made out of cubes oh and a wicker basket

Back