• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eglu

omlet

I don't like them at all because
1. they are no where near big enough
2. they are plastic which I don't like, cold in winter, too hot in summer not good for bunny to chew.
3. they cost about £300-£400 which is far too much
4.the rabbit can't see out once you have shut it in, which makes it very dark and lonely.
5. you could not keep more than one rabbit in it, so it's alot of money to spend for one bunny house.

6. the house is on the floor, which would make it draughty and cold, I would have thought.
7. It must be quite light weight, which means a fox may be able to budge it, so it can't be fox proof.

Thats just my opinion though, maybe someone else has got one and can come up qith some good points !!???

omlet

I'm sure they do !!!

more money than sense !!!!

someone will put a message on here now saying how good they are !!!

I have one, I only use it in the summer, but it is way too small to house rabbits in permanently. The still need access to a large run.

omlet

I noticed on the website it says you can house THREE rabbits in it !!!!!!!

who told the company it was big enough for three rabbits ?????? :shock:

Re: omlet

krista said:
I noticed on the website it says you can house THREE rabbits in it !!!!!!!

who told the company it was big enough for three rabbits ?????? :shock:

Probably someone who knows nothing about rabbits! :roll:

It's not big enough for ONE rabbit to lay out fully in the indoors part. The drinking bottle fixture makes the nozzle so close to the floor that it is hard for them to drink.

Basically it's just a shameless cash-in - they had a house for chickens and thought they could expland their market.

You could have a very good quality ENORMOUS hutch for the same price.

Please avoid the Eglu!!

Agree with all the above - An expensive mistake! Not that I have one, my mum thought they were a good idea until I pointed out all the above!

It looks great. :D

But its a MASSIVE NO! NO! From Me!!!!!
Thats a Evil, Evil Hutch! :evil:

m
xx

Its tiny, are the buns just suppose to just sit in one position all night? 3 buns? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Terrible thing is, first time bunny owners might not know why its bad :(

The indoor space aint great but the run I reckon is bigger than a lot of buns have in a tiny wooden hutch. I dont think they should be offered for sale without the run though.

I was thinking.. hummm guinea pigs are a bit smaller... but they've stuck a smaller run on so they don't get much space either :roll:

For those who have more money sence they would make a lovely run for daytime use in the garden, however for using as a hutch with an attatched run they are way too small.

:shock: How much? You can get really cheap hutch/runs and far bigger ones from somewhere like ebay for about £50, I to think it's ridiculous! Some people just don't get it with animals :x

I home checked one of these and was shocked at how small it is. the bedding compartment is far too small to shut them in and so it is useless for winter. Great as a run, and alright for summer for a pair of small rabbits, but definitely not year round accomodation. The people I home checked this for built a wonderful 6ft hutch for the rabits for nighttime in the winter that could be covered well to keep them warm, but leave them enough space to move.

Back