• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Taking Harry to vet at 3.40pm Strange Wound (Update)

julia.julibob

Warren Scout
I have just finished a long cuddle with Harry and when stroking him, thought I felt some matted fur on his left shoulder. On closer inspection I have found an odd wound about 1 1/2" long and about 1/2" wide. It is red, but seems to have healed over, but it is very sinewy. I have not got a clue how he could have done it, or how it happened. He didnt seem bothered when I touched it, but I think I ought to get it checked out as he hasn't been himself since his VHD

I will let you all know how We get on.

Julia

Silly question, but it's not where the VHD jab was done is it? Pippa had a big scab left by hers on her neck where the injection went in.

Hope he's ok x

No, it is actually on his shoulder joint at the top of his front left leg. I just dont know how I never noticed it before :cry: I have seen wounds before, but not quite like this one. Just hope I get a decent vet!

Julia

Well, the Vet was lovely, but just as confused as me, to its cause :? She said it is very inflamed underneath, but not pussy and it doesnt seem to hurt him, but because it is on his shoulder joint, she gave him an anti-inflammatory injection and he has Baytril 0.2ml twice daily for 5 days.

Just wish I knew what he has done to it.

Julia

That's a bit of a mystery isn't it? Why don't you get a photo and stick it on here, maybe someone can shed some light on it??

Back