• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chloe before and after photos

hunnybun

Mama Doe
Poor Chloe came into the rescue with a very large Dew lap! some of you will have already see the photos of her. Well here she is now, 6 days after arriving at my rescue. She is not out of the woods yet, I am giving her injections of antibiotics and metacam for the pain and she sees the vet again on Monday. I hope she enjoys her life a bit more now.

On arrival
DSCF4555.jpg

Day of Op ( Nov 1st)
DSCF4607.jpg

DSCF4610.jpg

Last night ( Nov 3rd)
DSCF4625.jpg

DSCF4617.jpg

I remember her, surly she's going to be much more comfortable in the long run. To be honest I'm still struggling to believe how severe it was in the first place!! How much does she weigh now :D

Willow_Warren said:
I remember her, surly she's going to be much more comfortable in the long run. To be honest I'm still struggling to believe how severe it was in the first place!! How much does she weigh now :D

Just under 4kg :D she is naturally a big rabbit and very beautiful :D

Oh my :shock:
i must have missed this before.

She looks so much better already after her dewlap tuck :lol:

Wow, that was a duplap and a half :shock: It will be lovely to see her when she's all healed up and furry again I bet it will made the world of difference to what she can get up too :D

Tamsin said:
Wow, that was a duplap and a half :shock: It will be lovely to see her when she's all healed up and furry again I bet it will made the world of difference to what she can get up too :D

I am sure it will, the poor soul was very neglected, stuck in a hutch day in and day out! never getting any exercise, she is having fun walking around the playroom :D

wow thats going to make such a difference. Be great to see some more pics when she's all fluffy again :D

Poor bun, that does look sore :( Hopefully she can start to enjoy her life more now though.

Why has her dewlap got so big? Is it a case of overweight and no exercise coupled with hormones or would it have got that big anyway??

kayjay said:
Poor bun, that does look sore :( Hopefully she can start to enjoy her life more now though.

Why has her dewlap got so big? Is it a case of overweight and no exercise coupled with hormones or would it have got that big anyway??

I have no idea really! some rabbit seem to be prone to it! she is not overweight for her size. So maybe it just ran in her family! the vet seems quite sure it will grow back :( but I am going to keep her on a hay and grass diet and let he get lots of exercise, so hopefully that will help :)

hunnybun said:
animusuk said:
Aww, she looks so much more comfortable already :D

Just have to add, that carpet is GORGEOUS :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: it is in my sons playroom :D purple everywhere! :lol:

She only likes it because its almost the same colour as her hair :lol: :lol: :lol: (Sorry Katie :oops:) X

Oh bless her little cottons.. It looks so sore now but I'm sure she must feel so much better with it gone

She will feel so much better now that huge roll of dewlap has gone.
I know the wound is sore but once it has healed she will be able to enjoy life again.

Janex

Oh Hunnybun, God bless you, that little bunny will be so much happier without that huge dewlap....she is indeed a stunning rabbit with lovely bright eyes!!! :D I wish her the best that life can bring. :wink:

Back