• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Commands

Monkey

Warren Veteran
I am quite pleased with myself as i've managed to train Pickle the bunny to go home to his hutch when i clap my hands. That way when he's been happily legging it aroung the garden he knows when its home time and they'll be a tasty treat waiting for him too! :D

Lillie bunny doesn't seem to have caught on yet though :? Shes a little menace!

Anyone else got any well trained bunnies?

Smirnoff knows NO! He pulls this cute little "what, me?" face :lol:
Kendra knows the fridge opening sound & tries to jump in it. Polly & Alfie run down the stairs when I shout them, cos they know it's tea time :lol:

Calel knows "Get the h*ll off my wrist!!!" :oops: :lol:

Mine know that when they are in the garden and I stand behind them that they have to go back in the shed. :D :D

They haven't quite got the hang of "don't wee on the floor - bad girl" though :lol: :lol:

Pepsi understands "back in your hutch", but reacts in 2 ways. If she's ready to go back fine. otherwise she dives for the nearest & preferably thickest bush :lol:

The other morning I commented to Trooper that he'd not touched his carrot from the night before and he went over and started munching it :shock:.
Coincidence or a bright bunny?

Angie65 said:
Kendra knows the fridge opening sound & tries to jump in it. Polly & Alfie run down the stairs when I shout them, cos they know it's tea time :lol:

Yeah, mine understand 'breaky' 'teatime' and 'budge' meaning they are in the way. Clever little soles aren't they, only wish they could master how to clean themselves out too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Monkey said:
Angie65 said:

Yeah, mine understand 'breaky' 'teatime' and 'budge' meaning they are in the way. Clever little soles aren't they, only wish they could master how to clean themselves out too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Flint & Spice DO try & help, by getting in the bin bags :lol: Joey tries to help me at feeding time - I once locked him in a cupboard in the feed bin. :shock: :lol:

We have a dog 'clicker' and use it to get them into the hutch.

This is working very well - the sound carries right to the bottom of the garden. They also know they will get a treat in the hutch!

Molly understands her name. Piper is a bit thick and tends to come to me when I call Molly rather than when I call his name. Maybe he's only interested if he thinks Molly might be getting something he is not. :lol:

Back