• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Price of myxi jabs! :o

woodstock

Mama Doe
Just had Egg and Tuesday's myxi jabs done today (Vhd 2weeks time), and I remember thinking that my vets prices for jabs was rather steep last time...

Well it's now official!

23.54 per jab, making a total bill of 47.08
So assuming vhd is about the same, it's about 100 pounds to do buns vaccinations! :eek:

I think i'll look at this vac clinic in Cov next year! :lol:

Wow, thats expensive, mine was only £13.50 per jab, same for myxi and VHD!

Even the local 'expensive' vet only charges £17.50!!!

Change your VETS!

mandy said:
OMG your vet has really ripped you off- mine charges half that price :shock:

It's just supply and demand really - they have no local competition, so can 'get away' with charging that much.
The alternatives are all 30 min drives from here (which will be an issue once i'm back at work)

It's a shame though - Where I used to live in Southampton, the local vets was a bit more reasonable, even though they were still on the pricy side - I think it was more like 50-60 ukp for two buns vacs.

Oh well - time to figure out the vets with late opening hours or put up with the high prices!

:shock: :shock: mine are around £14 but got a discount for bringing so many in at one time :lol:

woodstock said:
Morrigan1981 said:
I've been quoted £22.50 for each jab too :? (this is in Sheffield)

Oh - do I win the most expensive vet award then? :) :lol:
Might go here next year:
http://petvaccinationclinic.com/content/vaccinations.shtml

Only just! :lol: To be honest, I didn't realise before reading this thread that over twenty pounds was expensive, but I'm loathe to change vets as the one we use is very bunny savvy. There are other vets locally, but I don't know how good they are with buns...

Seemed about right to me, from memory mine cost me just under £50 for Myxi and it was about the same for VHD last weekend (that's for 2 bunnies).

Morrigan1981 said:
I've been quoted £22.50 for each jab too :? (this is in Sheffield)

Can you get to Barnsley? Abbey Vets are rabbit Savvy & charge £29ish for both vacs

I have a receipt just here :lol: Their prices have gone up recently :cry:

Myxi is £21 and VHD is £18.95 if done separately, but you get a discount for paying for both together (although obviously you return for the VHD jab 2 weeks later) which makes it around £31. Also get a £3 discount per vacc type for each additional rabbit brought along at the same time :wink:

Mine is £28 per injection - includes full check up etc but I think I seem to win the most expensive here if everybody elses includes a check up too!! I do get a discount if I pay for both Myxi + VHD together, not sure how much though!!

woodstock said:
Just had Egg and Tuesday's myxi jabs done today (Vhd 2weeks time), and I remember thinking that my vets prices for jabs was rather steep last time...

Well it's now official!

23.54 per jab, making a total bill of 47.08
So assuming vhd is about the same, it's about 100 pounds to do buns vaccinations! :eek:

I think i'll look at this vac clinic in Cov next year! :lol:

My vet does the second (VHD) jab cheaper as long as it is done 2 weeks later because they reckon they don't need to spend as much time checking the bunny's health if it is seen twice in 2 weeks. Worth asking!

My vet charges £21.42 to each myxi jab, and £13.66 for each Vhd Jab, Total price for the year £70.16 :(

Aliandbuns said:
My vet does the second (VHD) jab cheaper as long as it is done 2 weeks later because they reckon they don't need to spend as much time checking the bunny's health if it is seen twice in 2 weeks. Worth asking!

My old vets did this (down in Southampton), but this one doesn't. (doh!)

Back