• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

tooth problem

touie

Wise Old Thumper
Just got back from the vets Sugarplum's front teeth don't quite line up! Have to go back in a couple of weeks to see how they're doing but if they don't get better she's going to need them removing one day :(

For those of you with toothless bunnies what special dietry requirements do they have?

Aww, I really sorry to hear about Sugarplum's teeth problem touie... she's such a gorgeous girl :( I'm sorry I can't be of more help with the tooth removal question, but sending nose rubs to Sugarplum :love:

I would advise that you contact the person you obtained her from to try to ensure that they do not breed from the Buck/Doe again due to congenital Incisor Malocclusion.

Janex

nothing different to the diet except i grate the carrot and tear up large leaves of greens :) buns are excellent adapters.

good luck xx

Same here, he has exactly the same food as before. I cut the greens in strips for all four of mine so he manages like that. It really was the best thing for him as he seems so much happier without them needing burring every four weeks. Good luck with your bun!! Pam

Jack's-Jane said:
I would advise that you contact the person you obtained her from to try to ensure that they do not breed from the Buck/Doe again due to congenital Incisor Malocclusion.

Janex

yes i thought about that. They also told me they'd had a vet check :roll: I was wondering whether any of the other babies would have had the same problem. If they went to someone inexperienced with rabbits they might not see a vet for ages :shock: :(

Fingers crossed they'll get better as she gets older, I know Niamh had bad teeth as a baby but they were lovely and straight as an adult

Back