• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Slipped away in his sleep :-(

Debs2811

Alpha Buck
Hi
I havent been on here in ages but wanted to let people know that my sweet Louie, from animal rescue and care, slipped away in his sleep a few days ago. I thought Donna might like to know.

I also wanted to know if anyone knew of any pet cremation services where I could have him cremated to keep him always near me.

Im still in shock that he has gone, my brave little boy had been through so much, he will be dearly missed.

Please if anyone could let me know if they know of anywhere that i could take him. I have found a couple of places on the internet but as I dont have a car at the moment it is difficult to get him there.

I will be posting him on the rainbow bridge page when I feel able. :cry:

aww debs so sorry to here your sad news.

If you speak to your vet they should be able to arrange the cremation for you, somewhere locally.

:(

Sorry Debs :cry: I would speak to your vet about cremation, when Florence passed away I took her to the vets and they organised the cremation for me.

Aw Debs I'm so sorry. My O/H may well be able to help re. lifts as we live quite close. I know he'd be happy to help.

So sorry for your loss. :cry:

AMETHYST

I am so sorry for your loss - binky free Louie!
As for Pet cremation places, I dont know wherre you live, but I know there's one by heathrow and one in Cambridge - I know you can get your vet to arrange it, but if you can I would take them to a place yourself.

Back