• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

U/D rescued!! ALL ARC PEOPLE or any local rescues

Amethyst

Warren Veteran
Hi guys,

I met a lady on the train the other day who wants to rehome her rabbits but had no transport, so we offered to give her a lift somewhere and she should just let us know. She called me last night to say that she could do with our help, so I said I'd try to get in touch with some local rescues to see if there was any space.

She has:

2 boys and 2 girls - three are rexes and one is an orange lop (I think). The rexes are 5.5 months old and the orange lop is 9 months. I don't know whether the orange lop is one of the girls or one of the boys.

She also has a pregnant doe who is due on November 4th. She obviously doesn't want to move her so close to giving birth, so she said she's happy to keep a hold of them and raise them until they are old enough to be moved. But she will want them all rehoming.

So, can any rescues help out? We can bring her and her bunnies to the rescue centre sometime within the next week if that's okay.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

AMETHYST

ARC responding ... if you can get the buns to me I will have space for them. I will pm you my phone number. Do you know who is living with who so I know how many hutches need to be available for these?

Janice

jrn1310 said:
ARC responding ... if you can get the buns to me I will have space for them. I will pm you my phone number. Do you know who is living with who so I know how many hutches need to be available for these?

Janice

Thanks for your PM, no I'm not sure who is living with who but I can find out pretty easily - I'll call the lady tomorrow.

I'll be in touch, thanks SO much for your help! :D

AMETHYST

I just wanted to say THANKS!! Janice you're a star and we really enjoyed coming to visit! Harry still thinks that we set the guinea pig thing up (FYI everyone else, Janice had some 1-day old piggies and now Harry's fallen in love with the two girls, he held them both and they fell asleep in his hands!!).

Thank you again Janice for all your help!!

AMETHYST

Meet Harry's babies :D Just in case he is missing them :D

harry2.jpg

This gives you an idea of their size in comparison to a small satsuma.

harry1.jpg

harry.jpg

AW!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

They're even cuter than I remember!!!! :D :D And yes, Harry does miss them!! He keeps talking about them, particularly the lighter coloured one! :lol:

Can we pop round next week for a cuppa so we can have another hold?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again!!

AMETHYST

Amethyst said:
Can we pop round next week for a cuppa so we can have another hold?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AMETHYST

Of course you can. i will work out what nights I am around and let you know.

Back