• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

would you rather keep your rabbits on....

would you rather keep your rabbits on..

• grass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • concrete

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i think grass is better, as it gives the rabbits the oppertuinity to graze all day.
but concerete is quite good to wear down their claws, so both would be ideal.

If I was rish and building enclosures I'd have a concret floor with cutouts with grass in... the best of both worlds.... though probably a pain to clean :lol:

I say concrete - I think I am moving my playhouse off grass onto concrete on the weekend because I am ruining my garden with the cold wet weather. I will want to let the buns out on grass but concrete is more convenient for the winter

ShivyRex said:
I say concrete - I think I am moving my playhouse off grass onto concrete on the weekend because I am ruining my garden with the cold wet weather. I will want to let the buns out on grass but concrete is more convenient for the winter

You may need to keep an eye on their feet. Rexes are prone to sore hocks and grass is softer than concrete :) Might not be a problem - depends on the bunny :)

I have 2 on concrete and one on grass. I voted concrete as the grass has all been eaten anyway and gets all muddy its also more difficult to clean!

the run is on concrete for malibu because she just digs up the garden, but she still goes on the grass everyday when she is let out of her run. she doesnt dig when she isnt in the run :roll:

trip and scarlett go on both when they are in the run. I put it half over the grass and half over the concrete

I personally prefer concrete from my point of view. Easy to wash down/sweep up and clean.

From the buns point of view, it'd prob be the grass :)

Mine are based on concrete, mainly because it is easier to keep it clean, and the hutches are too heavy for me to move on my own and they would soon ruin just one bit of grass. However they have a portable run that goes on the grass. Having a portable run on the grass means they can get a new bit of grass each day. However they've never managed to eat enough grass to relieve the need to mow the lawn!

I voted concrete as:

- grass doesn't last long, so better to have a separate run on grass that they have access to other times.
- they can dig out of grass
- foxes can dig in on grass
- becomes a muddy mess!

Mine are on concrete,as it's easier to clean, and doesn't get too muddy. They do have a PWS run on the grass though, so the have the best of both worlds, I guess.

Mine are on concrete and seem very happy. They have readi grass everyday and a big run. I did have grass at one stage but with three dogs it didnt last. Its all gravelled now and the buns are on one of the patios and very content :D

Back