• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding (stoke-on-Trent)

Lynette

Warren Scout
Hello,

Well I have a lovely Rabbit called Rusty from Rabbit re-home site and the woman said he didn't like other rabbits-just wasn't bothered with them.

I'm considering bonding him but not sure if I should. If so was wondering whether there was a rescue near me that could help out with finding his perfect match.

Thanks guys,

Although he gets lots of love from us I think he's lonely.

P.S Rusty is a house bun, and heard some rescues don't like that idea.

Lynette said:
Rusty is a house bun, and heard some rescues don't like that idea.

Sorry too far away to help ... I think you will find the majority of rescues on here have no problems surrounding having rabbits as house rabbits. I believe (please correct me if I am wrong) that a few of the RSPCA branches in the past have been less supportive of this idea, I believe some do not see this as an issue. I am not sure what their current views on this matter are.

whooooooo! some one else from sunny stoke.
You could try bills rabbit rescue in leek, its by leek town hes got loads of rabbits in his garden and more on his acre of land. I got my jeff from him a few weeks back.The process is very informal, he has a LOT of rabbits needing good homes, he didnt home check me i just gave him a photo of my set up and chatted bunnies for a bit. My friend adopted a bun from him to be a house bun.
He only asks a fiver donation but I think most people give more but for that you cant expect buns to have all the jabs or be neutered unless the previous owners have already done this.
Once again he has a LOT of rabbits, like hundreds so give him a bell his details on on bills rabbit rescue website. :D

Speaking from experience, If you aren't 110% sure that you want another bun or that Rusty really needs a friend, Don't do it :) If you decide you definately want another little bunster, I hope it all goes well :) X

Thanks for the advice. This was why I wanted to go to a rescue to make sure I got the right Bun; if indeed one is out there. I've heard about ones where you can leave your Rabbit there and they for a couple of days and thought that was a safe way.

Still not sure as I don't wanna risk a blind date :?

i got my little boomerang from bills rabbit rescue

hey i am from stoke-on-trent also and got a rabbit from bills rabbit rescue. he has so many rabbits that needs homes the set up there is very basic but they get food, water, shelter etc but they really need good homes

Your right bills set up is basic but he has so many rabbits it would be difficult to provide much else. Im trying to look out for second hand large hutches for him, a lot of the ones the bunnies come with are way to small but they need to stay in them until rehomed or a bigger option is found.

I dont think bill would have the time and resources or facility to do bonding for you unfortunatly but you may be able to chat with him and have an agreement to take the bun back if things go wrong. Bonding my two has just gone extremely well though. If you do take another rabbit though please try and make it from bills because my heart breaks for them. So many to choose from, that goes for anyone else from stoke or surronding area reading this thread, and unbelievable amount of bunnies that are desparate for some love and space to play or if anyone has spare hutches/runs in the local area please dont hesitate to donate.

Back