• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's a snuggle safe?

It's basically an animal safe hot water bottle. You microwave it and it stays warm for up to 10 hours, and it is in a hard, chew-proof casing, which you then cover with a fabric cover. Very useful for very cold periods or to help sick bunnies to keep warm etc.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but anyone know what happens if you use an out of date one? I've pulled out my old one, which I think is probably too old. Just ordered a new one.

Does anyone know of a similar snugglesafe type thing that doesn't need warming in a microwave!? (We don't have one!)

Something that can go in the oven, or on a radiator perhaps?

Good question, I think mines getting old too I don't think my mum would appreciate it blowing up in the microwave or similar!

Yeah, mine has a sticker on it saying not to be used after 3 years, and I have helpfully not actually filled it in with the expiry date!!

Didnt know they expired. Shows that i read it all properly. Eeeek! Just got my yestreday. So in 0ct'09 ill have to get a new one??

m
xx

I just looked at mine, it doesn't have a sticker on it so I'm going to be in denial and carry on using it. I'll let you know if it explodes the microwave Brainiac style.

OKay thanks, wonder why they have a expiry date, suppose for safety reasons, I expect hot water bottles do as well but how many peoiple change them every 3 years??

Thanks

I think they're filled with some kind of solid gel or something instead of liquid, so presumably it becomes less effective over time with repeated microwaving :?

AlisonA said:
I just looked at mine, it doesn't have a sticker on it so I'm going to be in denial and carry on using it. I'll let you know if it explodes the microwave Brainiac style.

:shock: :lol: :lol: Don't try this at home, folks! :lol:

Back