• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grrrrrrr!

touie

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone else the has a hutch on top of a run have problems with their rabbits throwing the food bowls down the ladder ? :evil: every morning i go out and the dish is on the floor so i have to take all the plants and plastic sheet of the top to go and fish it out ! :evil:

My first bunnies smashed loads of ceramic dishes doing that :lol:

My current bunnies don't have a food dish at all. Their pellets go in a treatball and their greens are scattered in the run... problem solved :D

:lol:

I put trips food bowl in the upstairs part of his hutch, he always chucks it down to the bottom part and eats his pellets off the floor :roll:

:lol: :lol:

OH NO!! Silly Buns!!

Maybe you could use a dish that attachs to the wiremesh on the doors might help.

m
xx

Only problem is the treatball would end up down the hole too so i'd still be fishing :? Maybe I need to find a really heavy dogs bowl :shock:

that looks good only thing is for some reason they never throw the pellet bowl down only the veg one :?

The bowl in Ted and Dougal's hutch often ends up on the lower level, and on occasion has been aimed at my head!!!

Sometimes I do wonder... maybe they are trying to tell me something!

Yep, Barley has managed to break 2 bowls in the space of one week before, I think he just objects to it being empty!! :?

Dolly would never dream of doing such a think 8)

mit said:
What about this one:

http://www.bunnybasics.net/stainles....html?osCsid=0cca206f296aa9a4f0258ad4a308fc01

Could be a bit on the small side i think. Not sure. Im sure you'll find something like this large.

m
xx

Even these will get thrown there is a better one which you need to drill a hole in the side of the cage, they come in lots of different sizes they look a little like these which would also possibly work. http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Parrot_Coop_Cups.html The ones I have are slightly different. Have a look in some pet shops or garden centres which sell bird things

Silly buns!
Excel do a great feeder for pellets and hay which I've attached to the wall of our hutch. I'll try to find a picture. Our local P@H sell them.

piningforarabbit said:
one of these days I'm gonna super-glue their food bowl to the floor and watch them try to throw it :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: that would keep them busy for a while!

one of these days I'm gonna super-glue their food bowl to the floor and watch them try to throw it
Hahahaha!!! you do it and post photos! lol

I used to have a problem with her doing that, but she stopped soon enough - my problem is they chuck their towels down there - but its not so bad, I guess they just like sleeping on the ground floor compartment.

Back