• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice

unalakey

Mama Doe
Hi all, well my rabbit 'Billy' has been missing for over a week now. We fear he may of been taken by foxes :cry: . we had just bonded him with Lily and i am abit worried about her as she's not been herself, i dont think she's ill just sad. After phoning round local rescue centres and placing posters nearby and through doors we can only wait. She has now moved in the shed and i have put my guinea's in the playhouse which are both now very secure. Any advice on how to cheer Lily up??? thanks Unalakey

You could try giving her a soft toy e.g. teddy. It sometimes helps bunnies that have lost a partner as they can snuggle/groom it. Just watch she doesn't eat it :)

sorry your bunny is missing :(

I hope he is found soon

Scarlett cuddles up to this cuddly toy bunny that I have, but I have seen her nibble toy bunnys ears so I wouldnt leave her unsupervised with one. Its nice for her to have something to cuddle though

I'm really sorry your bun hasn't turned up, it did sound like foxes had got him and you're very lucky to still have Lily. I would say it sounds like she needs another bunny friend, if you can bring yourself to go through it again, it sounds like she's missing Billy and in the absence of him I'd get another for her.

thanks for that guys!!!! would probably consider another rabbit in time,will see how Lily gets on , thinks she's looking for him as she keeps sitting in his favourite spot :( I miss Billy though he was a lovely gentle rabbit, dont think i could ever replace him

You're not 'replacing' him, you'd be giving another bun in need a lovely home and Lily another friend. Don't feel you're looking for a Billy lookalike or replacement, take your time and keep your eyes open, I'm sure in time a special bun will appear and you won't be able to resist :D

Back