• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe Heat Pads

minilops

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone! Am worried about my buns as they live outside (but come inside for a couple of hours every day!). It's suddenly gone cold today and although Teddy has already got a lovely thick coat, Poppy is still growing hers and I'm concerned they may get cold. I'm putting LOADS of hay in for them and giving extra feed, etc, but was wondering whether to get a couple of the Snugglesafe heat pads. I know a lot of people like them but my two are chewers and I'm wondering if they may chew them (or at least the covers). Does anyone have this problem? Any advice about this would be appreciated! Thanks. Claire x

They are made of really sturdy, hard plastic - it would take a long time for a bunny to get through one! Plus you usually put in under hay or wrap it in a blanket anyway.

Greenfields use them in their hutches and haven't had problems :)

I love my snuggle safe - I started using it last night.... I put it on the floor in the house first to see what they made of it, and the baby boy just lay next to it and cuddled it...
Its going in their hutch from tonight.

Its rreally super strong plastic - so I wouldnt worry about them biting through it... and you can get it online and from pets at home etc..

Tree has 6 she lurveeeeeeeeeeeeeeees hers :lol: Only took her 2 years to take the plunge and buy some

Mine went out for the first time last night.... I bury mine in the hay but I don't think they would get chewed anyway. They were still just about warm this morning about 7am when I went out to check on them (I put them in about 11pm).

I use mine for me :oops: when I'm in the shed and then I leave it for Dougal and Mhairi after I have left.

nicole said:
I use mine for me :oops: when I'm in the shed and then I leave it for Dougal and Mhairi after I have left.

Now that is a good idea - I was freezing my butt off last night whilst Austin was running laps of the garden at 10pm!

I got one yesterday for Missy and doesnt even want to know it. I put into the indoor cage and is just sitting in the other corner. Dunno why? Maybe she already is warm enough as she is inside, but its still real real cold in the house!! Crazy Bun!!

m
xx

I bought six last week and they're ace, they arrived two days ago, I have been putting them in the hutches already. I could do with another microwave though as it's taking me 6 minute a pad to heat up :lol:

SOAD said:
I bought six last week and they're ace, they arrived two days ago, I have been putting them in the hutches already. I could do with another microwave though as it's taking me 6 minute a pad to heat up :lol:

Oh No! :shock: Thats gonna take ages!! 36 Mins!!
Only got the one and only take me 5mins. Hee! Hee!

m
xx

Beaney said:
nicole said:

Now that is a good idea - I was freezing my butt off last night whilst Austin was running laps of the garden at 10pm!

:lol: I used mine for the first time last night - thought it best to test it out properly before giving it to the bunnies :lol:

GiantJessica said:
How big are these pads? Are they going to be big enough for a Giant bunny?

Should be fine for a giant bunny as the important thing is how much heat they emit rather than their size.

They're dinner plate sized about 12"? They shoul dfit a giant bunnies bum or middle but probably not the feet too :D

I started using mine again last night for the first time this season and when I took them out this morning at around 8.00 they were still warm!!! :D I have only just got the covers for them and the buns don't appear to have had a go at them but I haven't put one in for the Dutchies yet....chances are they will rip the cover to pieces!!! :lol:

I have to say that whilst I feel happier putting a pad in for my buns when it is frosty, bunnies in reality are notorious for coping better with extremes of cold than with extremes of heat. The essence is not to have draughts and not to have dampness. I think we mollycoddle them a bit too much really but I am no exception. :oops:

Lizzie said:
The essence is not to have draughts and not to have dampness. I think we mollycoddle them a bit too much really but I am no exception. :oops:

Aww I know, just because I feel the cold really easily I think Dougal and Mhairi will too. But I know they wont, but you cant help but worrie about them :?

My 4 have been more active in the last few days since it's been flippin cold that they have been for ages!! :roll: I think they love the cold air! They are usually fairly warm when I uncover them in the morning to :D

Back