• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blue eyed rabbits?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Are blue eyed rabbits quite rare?

I know hustlanders have blue eyes and there's the blue eyed dutch x in RIN.

All hotots and dwarf hotots have blue eyes. Several breeds also have blue eyed whites as an official color, and often have red eyed whites as a separate color. And I've seen several people with blue eyed dutches. So they're not really rare, just not as common as brown eyes.

I guess they're quite uncommon compared to brown/red but they do pop up in cross breds. Alfie has blue eyes:

alfieeye.jpg

PICT1228a.jpg

I saw the most beautiful blue-eyed bunny once - he was black with white paws and blue eyes! Absolutely stunning, i actually wanted to bunny-nap him :lol:

mandy said:
Alfie is gorgeous- dutch, lion head cross?

That would be my guess, he's definately got the lionhead fluff and he's not that dutch in shape (abit chuncy and short legged (don't tell him I said that) but the nose it dutch :lol:

I've just re-homed a black and white dwarf lop with blue eyes.
He's only the second rabbit with blue eyes we've had through here in 6 years.
The first was a white lion head.

rngpwelfare said:
I've just re-homed a black and white dwarf lop with blue eyes.
He's only the second rabbit with blue eyes we've had through here in 6 years.
The first was a white lion head.

And very gorgeous he was too - thankfully already rehomed when I went over last weekend.....

Please can the people with blue eyed rabbits post some piccies please- its most rude to keep them to yourself :lol:

:D
(My first blue eyed bun was when I was much, much younger and I dont have any photos)
Boo (a total babe):
bs5.jpg

littleboo.jpg

Dear departed Huslu: (who looks like a hairier version of the bun in RIN!!)
HusluBest.jpg

Back