• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The things we do for buns

Beaney

Mama Doe
As I am typing this I am sat in my garden.... :shock: Thats right the garden and OMG it is getting cold.

Due to his advancing years, Austin is usually happy to be in his run all day (now carpetted to make it warmer!) and then go in the shed at night. He gets free range time but rarely bothers - usually one lap of the garden and then just puts himself away in the shed!

Tonight I lifted him out of the run and he decided that he wants a bit of a run around. Who am I to deny him.... so I get my coat and I get my laptop and I am now sat out here supervising.... Been here 40 minutes so far and he is still running laps of the garden.....

My fingers are freezing and my butt is going numb but hey - he is my boy and if we wants to have a run around then he can!

My neighbours probably think I am a bit odd now, mind you :shock:

:lol: :lol: Now that is devotion fro you. I'm sure he's worth it though, but I have to say as i read your post, I was very pleased that my George is a house bun. I don't fancy a numb bum every night :wink:

At this moment I really wish Austin was a house bun. I am still out here and now I can not feel my feet :shock:

I am going to get him in now - I feel guilty - well I don't 'feel' anything as everything has gone numb and I am shivering so much I can hardly type....

I feel really terrible but he has had over an hour and it is seriously cold!

woodstock said:
:lol: :lol:
take him inside to carry on :)

I tried to bring him in the house a couple of weeks ago - he hated it! He has been an outdoor bun for over 10 years and didn't seem happy indoors at all.

He is in the shed now - still has loads of space. I bribed him with a carrot and he seems OK. I am now back indoors and slowing warming back up! :lol:

Haha! Reminds me of me, i was sat in the garage with them for about an hour just so i can keep an eye as they have a play around in their adventure playground garage. It hit me that it gets *really* cold in there, but i think its because i didnt lock the door shut behind me so it kept swinging open all the time.
But hey i know how cold it is out there too - b****y freezing!! Well done :lol:

Aww that's so nice of you to do that for him :D

Reminds me of the time Pebble was running around the garden, the other two went back in their house fine, but not Pebble, oh no! :roll: She wanted to have fun under the shed. Where I can't reach her! She stayed under there for ages, and I sat with a torch in the cold, dark (it was like 11pm!) and RAIN trying to lure her out :shock:

Oh, the things we do for our fuzzy little creatures...

Back