• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rabbits pounce?

Jonny

Warren Scout
When I last owned a rabbit, it was about 25 years ago and I was very young. I called her Betty and she was grey.

I have a memory of her pouncing on a bit of string - just like a kitten would. She'd hide behind a doorway, then pounce out. I've mentioned this to other bunny owners, but no-one believes me and thinks my memory is playing tricks!

Has anyone else had a bunny that pounced!? :D

Poor Betty... she met her fate at the hands of a stoat that chewed through the chicken wire on her run one Christmas Eve. Hence I'm very reluctant to keep my new bunnies outdoors.

My Crunchie does (kinda)
There is one toy, a small teddy on a string like a cat toy?, when I tease her with it, she'll do one big jump and land on it :)
Not sure if that's what you mean though :?

Athena pounced - she was a terror for the dustpan and brush and the hoover used to get it too. She would pretend to ignore you when you were cleaning then leap out onto the brush and try and kill it - I have to admit her pounces weren't exactly friendly - she often got me instead!

Caz

Jonny said:
Has anyone else had a bunny that pounced!? :D

Yes - my Dad's rabbit Cybil will pounce on things. I sometimes do a scurrying hand movement past her nose and she will go to pounce on my hand (like a cat would with a mouse). I have never been brave enough to let her catch my hand though! :lol:

Back