• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need help finding a new vet please!

xEMMAx

Warren Veteran
Been here a month and haven't got round to finding a new vet yet :oops:
Finally found my RWA membership card and contacted them today to help find a vet but there were none around here that were close-ish that had been recommended because apparently there are hardly any members in Cheshire :roll:

Soooo I've been on http://www.rcvs.org.uk/Templates/system/FAVSearch.asp?NodeID=89660 and have found a couple of vets near me that treat rabbits so intend on giving them a call.

I'm hoping to get Whistler neutered next month, Wiffles spayed and possibly Clio spayed too. (Clio and Jasp also need myxi boster and Teddy will need myxi and VHD)
Last time I had a bun neutered I was about 8 years old so can't remember a thing... and now am a little scared about the whole thing and obviously want someone who's good at it.

Questions!!

* What questions can I ask the vets to make sure they're good at neutering/spaying?

* What is the minimun age for vaccinations? (Tia is 11 weeks)

* What other questions should I ask to see if they're good at dealing with rabbits?

* If I ring up should I be able to get all this information over the phone?

* Clio is around 3 years old and quite a fatty... should I still get her done is is she high risk?

That's great, thank you :D

Will I need to ask to speak to the vet if I ring up or will the receptionist know the answers? :?

The receptionist should know the starving vs eating pre-op but the vet is more likely to know the rest - I would ask for their most rabbit competant vet to ring you back for a discussion.

Caz

Back