• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to buy white vinegar?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
A stoopid question I know :oops:

I wanted to get some to clean the litter trays with and theirs only malt and pickling vinegar in Tescos- am i looking in the wrong place? :oops:

Someone said you can use malt vinegar, too. I got the Tesco value vinegar, don't need to get the expensive one for cleaning. You should be able to find a similar one in any supermarket.

ok thanks, there was loads of malt vinegar, but I was a bit obsessed with the fact it needed to be the white stuff! :lol:

No, the value vinegar is dark in colour, too, but it does not stain the litter trays. I don't know how long you are supposed to soak them with the vinegar, though, I tried a few minutes, but could not get everything off the plastic.

White wine vinegar doesn't smell as strong but the malt type does the job just as well and is sooo much cheaper :D Pickling vinegar is best as has a high acid rating!

I got my clear vinegar in Tescos, it was the Sarsons make (although it is more expensive that the malt stuff), can't remember what it was actually called though, I think just distilled vinegar! Soaked my trays for a few minutes, didn't get all the dried on wee off but they look better than they have in ages!

thanks everyone- now someones mentioned cider vinegar, i think i might have some of that already... if so, i'll give that a go first :)

melaniejb said:
White vinegar is clear in colour...just incase you were looking for white liquid!!! :wink:

:lol: I did know that thanks, but how embarrassing if Id asked an assistant for proper white vinegar! :lol:

I used the cider vinegar last night and it worked really well....the house stinks but there are no wee stains on the floor or litter trays now :lol:

So does Cider Vineger come up trumps over White Vineger or is Pickling Vineger the Best??

m
xx

Back