• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sand Pits

I've been reading a few other posts about digging boxes etc

I'm planning on getting a sandpit for Lola to stop her digging up the rugs in her bedroom.

What is the best stuff to put in it? Is sand suitable (worried about her eyes) or is there a better alternative? Someone mentioned bark chippings but I already have the play sand which is why I ask.

mine have child play sand teegra has had his box since he was about 12 weeks old (he is now just over 8 months) and duchess obviously has has it since i got her (4 weeks ago today!) i have never had any problems with them getting sand in their eyes and it is their favourite place to be!

DSCF4080.jpg

this is their sand box it is approx 50 x 80cm (it has been change slightly now and is raised with a bed and toys underneath)

i would thoroughly reccomend them :D

Thanks!

You've just reminded me as well that I already have a box similar to that lurking in the car boot.

Just off to get some play sand now and hopefully my new Ikea rug will be safe from the perils of Lola :lol:

Wild rabbits dig their burrows in sand, so I can't see why it should be harmful to them. Playsand is very soft. Maybe I let my bunnies use the kids' sandpit some day. The kids don't seem to be too interested in it any more. :D

Back