• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stressful bonding

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
I decided to bond Audrey and husbun (Rowan TBC :lol: ) last night and my god it was stressful.

They both went in for the attack straight away, fur flying, kicking, both trying to bite each other :shock: I've bonded buns before but never had anything like that, I had to wade in and stop them!

After that, Rowan just wouldnt stop chasing Audrey, who was terrifed of him :( . This has really suprised me as I was sure she'd be the dominant one (I suppose there's still time for her to get him under the thumb though :lol: )

I thought I was going to have to try again another time, but decided to just supervise them all evening and then left them together over night, as I could hear them from the bedroom.

This morning Rowan's still trying to hump Audrey but she just runs away.
I think really Ive tried too soon as Rowan's only been neutered two weeks so he's obviously very hormonal, but Ive started now so will persevere.

Oh no Mandy, that's a shame :(

I think I was very lucky with Benji as he's quite dosile and laid back, had no problems with humping at all, and hopefully i'll get the girlies speyed before they become hormonal!

Hope things improve soon :)

Thanks Lynda.

I think Ive obviously had it easy before :lol:
The strange thing is Rowan is usually very laid back- it is Audrey whos the stroppy one, but I guess the sight of the beautiful Audrey sent him into a frenzy :lol:

Ive had to leave them as Im at work, hopefully they might be a bit better when I get back. As long as they're not hurting each other I'll leave them on neutral territory as long as it takes.

That does sound stressful, Mandy, you're very brave! I hope they've calmed down around each other when you get home tonight. Out of interest MJ still tries to hump Pippa and she just runs away from him. It's usually when they're outside in the run, I think the fresh air fills him with energy :shock: :lol:

kayjay said:
That does sound stressful, Mandy, you're very brave! I hope they've calmed down around each other when you get home tonight. Out of interest MJ still tries to hump Pippa and she just runs away from him. It's usually when they're outside in the run, I think the fresh air fills him with energy :shock: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Naughty MJ :no:

I was very shocked Kathryn :eek: . They had calmed down a bit though, or i wouldnt have left them together today. Fingers crossed Audrey realises his charms soon :wink:

This has really suprised me as I was sure she'd be the dominant one

its funny how they can change around each other!

I tried bonding my two but it didnt work out. I thought Malibu would be the dominant one because she is a stroppy little madam and Trip is really laid back, but once they were together it was her hiding and him fighting her all the time

I recently had to reintroduce my bunnies after getting lillie spayed, thought it would be well stressful but they weren't remotely bothered, more interested on trying to escape. I'm so happy as they were lost without eachother. :D

Good luck with the feuding bunnies! hope it works out

sounds just like my girls(including the humping) but after a few car journeys, water pistols, bites and scratches, finally tonight they went together

cavysrock said:
sounds just like my girls(including the humping) but after a few car journeys, water pistols, bites and scratches, finally tonight they went together
Congratulations, sounds like it was hard work.
Mandy, Barney went mad at Roxy when they were first together, he absolutley lunged at her. Then I moved them onto lino and everything went slow-mo, he just resorted to the humping. She actually tried to hump his head to. He was not impressed with his rabbit hat!

IsabelM said:
She actually tried to hump his head to. He was not impressed with his rabbit hat!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done for sticking with it Mandy!! Many a fainter heart would have caved! :D
I'm sure they'll be fine once they have sorted out who's boss, it's so great when buns bond :D :D

Thanks everyone. Well having got in from work they seem much better :)

They're now both at the stage of trying to get the other to do some grooming- with both refusing :lol:

Well this morning they are still chasing :roll: (Well Rowan's chasing Audrey that is :lol: )

But...he groomed her last night! :) I think he was just trying to trick her tho as he then attempted some humping :lol:

I sat in the room with them last night and I had my cat and both of them sat by my feet asking for nose rubs and stroking :lol:

Back