• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat litter

Ryo_the_rat

Warren Scout
i usually use biocatolet in the boys litter tray, but im finding it hard to get hold of locally and was wondering if anyone could recommend another to me? the only local supermarket we have is the co-op. i checked there and they do a paper based litter, but wasnt sure if this would be ok because of it being paper "based".

id really appreciate any recommendations as we ran out(didnt realise how little we had!) and ive had to substitute with ecopetbed(cardboard bedding) which isnt going too well! i shall try and get hold of biocatolet asap but need something else now! :shock:

can you get megazorb locally? it is much cheaper (approx £5 for a huge sack) http://www.megazorb.co.uk/ i am trying the bio catlet at the moment but have found that to do my 2 large litter trays it uses half a sack and as it is near £4 a sack that will cost way too much so i will be going back to old faithful megzorb

Thanks for the replies and sorry for taking so long to update! i managed to get the paper based litter-i half expected it to be all over the carpet by the next morning as its tiny light pieces-but every bit of it has stayed in the tray! they must have been too happy to have proper litter to empty it onto the floor :lol:

i can get megazorb from the same place i get my cardboard bedding, but the last time we got the bales of bedding they didnt have it in :( i was actually planning on trying it in their litter trays as it would be much cheaper! will have to pick some up next time! :wink:

I tried the wooden cat litter - Squidgy wouldn't use it :roll: and it worked out as much more expensive. I use megazorb and find it great.

I tried wooden cat litter, but it was very expensive and not particularly absorbent in my opinion. I managed to get a lift to go get some megazorb recently (used to use it a while back for our rats) and I love it - it's cheap, very absorbent and seems to keep in the smells.

I put a sheet of newspaper on top of the litter (and a sheet under) in the litter tray as it's easier to clean the tray and none accidentally gets kicked out. :D

Back