• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What age to Bucks get Stroppy? I think Harry is a teenager!!

julia.julibob

Warren Scout
Harry, is my baby, and a lovely boy, but he has become a bit stroppy over the last few days :cry: He usually allows me to pick him up and put him back in his cage without any fuss, but last night he nearly tore me to shreds :shock: .

He is about 15 weeks old now. When can I get him neutered??? Receptionist at vets said not till 5 or 6 months! I will ask the vet tomorrow anyhow, as he is going for his VHD jab.

Julia

I've had all mine neutered at about 16 weeks (4 months) they can be dones as soon as their testicles decend :) Have his appeared yet?

Tam

Tamsin said:
I've had all mine neutered at about 16 weeks (4 months) they can be dones as soon as their testicles decend :) Have his appeared yet?

Tam

:oops: Hmm, I know he is a boy, but I must admit I haven't looked! Will get Nicola (the Vet) to look tomorrow as she favours Rabbits and Guineas she will be a good judge.

Julia

Mine are in at the moment, they are only 15 weeks and still quite small. The nurse was a bit iffy about whether they should be done, but see my other post, I think it is for the best to get them done before I go away. So I'm sitting in the office worried sick, I hope they will be ok. :?

Tamsin said:
:lol: They're usually fairly obvious once they have dropped ;)

unless of course it is teegra didnt notice his (we thought he was a girl even the vet told us that a couple of weeks before) they rang up half an hour later to tell us apparently he was *whispers* a bit small, lol dont tell him i said that :? :oops: :lol:

5-6 months for boys?. sounds a bit late to me, 2 of mine were done at 16 weeks and the other two were just a bit older than that and more than ready.

Tracey x

my vet surgery said over phone they dont neuther until 6 months either - reading some of your posts i noticed they were done alot earlier so i asked the receprtionist if it could be done earlier and she said to have a word with the vet when we go and see him on friday - she said it all depends on alot of things - fingers crossed!

Back