• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Let me explain why

luvabun

Warren Veteran
the debacle of a bunny run went wrong last Saturday. :roll: this was to take place last Saturday morning and I had been totally upfront with everyone concerned, telling them that it was my Mum's 80th birthday bash, table booked etc. therefore I had no flexibility on the time. 10 am. was the latest time I could set off...... at 10.30am. all I knew was that I was to give them to someone called Andy in Birmingham and had no contact number, address or where to take the rabbits to :roll: I asked Gem for his number and she didn't have it :shock: If I set off with them and Andy did not call or the place where I stopped to call him was the opposite end of Birmingham, I would have been stuck with 2 rabbits. My Mum lives in a town where they had a humungous firework display on Saturday night.... folks come for miles/ AA signs advertising it etc. its huge. Imagine 2 stressed buns livng in a pet carrier for over 2 days (I've just got back) and the trauma of the firework display clearly seen and heard from my Mums' garden. My Mum apologises for reaching the milestone of 80 at such an inopportune moment :roll:

shame it didn't work out. I've not been involved, but anyone can see you were just trying to help out.
Communication problems - responsible for so many logistical nightmares!

(i'd have done the same if i were you ;) )

Aw Jill don't worry. I totally understand why you couldn't take them thats why I said it would be best for me to bring them back with me. We've got a run organised for this Sat so no worries, well apart from the worry of the doe being pegnant of course :roll:

Hope you had a really good weekend and that your mum had a fabulous 80th birthday!!

Yikes! Bit of a nightmare for you and not your fault at all :) Perhaps we could learn form this and previous bunny runs... I seem to remember more than one urgent request for phone numbers in the past ;)

In future perhaps one person should co-ordinate and make sure all the people in the chain have a phone (preferably inc. mobile) number for all the other people in the chain and of course locations for the meet ups.

Tam

Thank you Anna and Sue :thumb: I'm responding to the jibes in various threads on here implying that I was somehow in the wrong.

Mums' weekend long celebrations were fine - blooming difficult trying to drive with helium balloons in the car blocking the rear view mirror :roll:

It was nice to see you again Sue, we only seem to meet up on bunny runs :lol: your boys are as delightful as ever :D Hope things are OK with the buns :shock:

Tamsin said:
Yikes! Bit of a nightmare for you and not your fault at all :) Perhaps we could learn form this and previous bunny runs... I seem to remember more than one urgent request for phone numbers in the past ;)

In future perhaps one person should co-ordinate and make sure all the people in the chain have a phone (preferably inc. mobile) number for all the other people in the chain and of course locations for the meet ups.

Tam
Correctamundo Tam! remember the one from Scotland down to the South Coast, which Sue and I participated in... that was organised with military precision :thumb:

Jill I think people understood why you couldn't risk taking the buns with you.. in any case even if they don't I do and I'm the one who has probably been affected the most by this run not going to plan.

And yes Tamsin you're right.. I for one will not be doing any more bun runs unless they are well organised enough to run with military precision :roll:

Don't worry about it Jill! :D It's totally understandable that you needed to set off at a certain time... what else could you have done but bring the buns back with no phone number/meeting place?
It's a shame it didn't go to plan, but like Sue said, all sorted for this weekend now :D

Hope your mum had a great birthday!

I've been involved in a couple of bunny runs,all of which went to plan, but phone numbers and contact details were exchanged well in advance to preevent any such hiccups. Try not to worry, we have all had to change plans at one time or another, nothing to be sorry for :wink:

It was just a case of poor planning I think... I was with Jill just before 10 as planned but it was just not possible for Jill to take the buns with her and risk not being able to pass them on to the next person. I am just really sorry that Jill ended up being late setting off whilst we decided what the best thing to do was....

I don't think any one person was to blame for it going pearshaped, it just wasn't organised too well in the first place.

On the other hand it did give me and the boys a chance to spend some time with Jill's adorable buns!! :D

Sue&Sooty said:
On the other hand it did give me and the boys a chance to spend some time with Jill's adorable buns!! :D
Thanks Sue :D no prizes for guessing who I'm going to log off for and give cuddles to now...... a certain bun has been begging for strokes since I got home :love:

Back