• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dividing a shed

TRACEY

Banned
Anyone have any ideas on how we can divide our shed into 2 so that 2 buns can live seperately for the time being?

This is a pic of the shed/run:

NewHome.jpg

Any ideas?,

Thanks

Tracey x

not quite the smae but when i used to help look after chickens they had a big shed thing divided all it was was a large wood frame (solid wood to about waist height and then strong mesh up to the ceiling) with a doorway in which was bolted (might need either a step over door, a double door or a good distraction though). if the pen is to be separated also i would guess a wooden partition down the middle and add another cat flap?? sont know how difficult all that would be though
:D

Just had a thought, If its divided that way, there is a cat flap right in the middle of the shed already :roll: .

Tracey x

long post...sorry!

I had this problem when i first got my second bunny, they just didnt get on! I have a shed, attatched to an outside pen. What i did was put two doors in the shed and divide the shed with wood but with chicken with attatched to it
pebsandscarlheadbutssz8.jpg
- Thats the only piccy i have got (hope you can see) It had a door in it so i could get to both sides. The best thing about using that chicken wire was that they could see each other still and then when i accidently left the door open one day ( :? ) they were snuggled up together because they had got used to each other!haha

Ive got a question to ask though, about the cat flap, how did you teach them to go through it? Im wanting to get one so i dont have to chase them in on winter nights, but am wondering wether they will know what to do? xx

Thanks for your reply, awww so cute that your buns get on again, with regards to the cat flap, at first they just scratched at it and they got used to it moving, but we used to leave it open during the day and lock it an night. :)

I dont think it would take long for them to get used to opening it though so good luck with that.

Tracey x

Back