• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Smudge going to vets @ 3pm UPDATE

Melndan

Mama Doe
My little boy won't eat. Just tried to tempt him with some apple and won't even have that. When he sits and looks at me, sometimes his head is tilting to one side, only a little bit, but tilting all the same.

I hope he is going to be ok. :cry:

Aww poor baby :cry: when Bundle was like that the vet gave her a vitamin B injection to stimulate her appetite - she was soon back to her old self :lol:

Good luck at the vets x

If he has head tilt he may have a middle ear infection. Hopefully Antibiotics and pain relief plus syringe feeds and maybe a gut motility stimulant will sort him out.

Sending healing vibes to Smudge

Janex

Thank you for your lovely messages.

Smudge has had a good once over and his teeth checked, no problems there. He was weighed and she said that was fine, 2kg.
He has had a jab to try to get his tum moving again. He has done a few poops. Not as big as I would like but at least he is pooping. He has picked up a little bit since we got back tho still not his normal self.
The vet says if he is no better in A WEEK :shock: I should take him back. If he's not ok tomorrow, I would want to take him back!!!! But possibly to another vet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melndan said:

Smudge has had a good once over and his teeth checked, no problems there. He was weighed and she said that was fine, 2kg.
He has had a jab to try to get his tum moving again. He has done a few poops. Not as big as I would like but at least he is pooping. He has picked up a little bit since we got back tho still not his normal self.
The vet says if he is no better in A WEEK :shock: I should take him back. If he's not ok tomorrow, I would want to take him back!!!! But possibly to another vet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good grief :shock:
What about the head tilt?
TBH I would go to another Vet TONIGHT if Smudge has true head-tilt.

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Melndan said:

Good grief :shock:
What about the head tilt?
TBH I would go to another Vet TONIGHT if Smudge has true head-tilt.

Thanks for your concern Jane, but I think I was being a bit paranoid about the head tilt. :oops: He hasn't done it since. It wasn't anything major, just slightly to one side and on;y very slightly.
I'm not happy with the ' see what he is like in a week' bit tho. :x

Janex

I have been popping out all night to keep checking on him and I caught him with a mouthful of hay. :lol: Some parsnip has gone too!!!! Things are on the up I think xxx

Oh thats good news - keep on munchin for mummy smudge!! To be honest my vet told me the other thursday to take harly back in on the followin weds- i had him in on the monday, Think thats jst a guideline, if ur concerned, take him in again. My vet must think Im a right meddler for tellin her her job but at the end of the day he's MY baby not hers, and she's bein paid 2 do a job so if u want him seen, get him seen.

Great news!!!

I'm sure they do it just to make us worry.. when Holly was poorly she wouldn't eat when I was looking but would scoff loads of hay once I;d looked away!! :lol:

Back