• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits Stuck

kayjay

Warren Veteran
I changed the shed around a bit yesterday and put a small camping table at the side of the hutch so Pippa and MJ can jump onto their hutch roof for a bit of variety. I went in this morning and they were both on top and had obviously been there for quite a while judging by the amount of poops up there and lack of food eaten overnight. They didn't know/want to jump down :lol: :lol:

What can I put on top of the table to stop it being so slippery, I think that was putting them off. Everything I've thought of would slip off too.

you can get rolls of anti slip matting from focus, (sometimes) woolworths etc not very expenssive and does work you could even glue/s-c-r-e-w it down for added security or maybe paint the table top with bunny safe paint mixed with sand?

Squidgy's got the anti-slip matting on the ramp in his hutch, and it works great.
I've used these
http://www.bunnybasics.net/super-grassy-p-478.html?osCsid=804c363fb3968d812814231e4998cc26
tied to slippery things too. Even better, as they're ok to chew.
You can just about see at the top right of this picture - it's a children's stool (£1.50 from Tesco :D ) with a mat tied to it
DSCN1066.jpg

Thanks for the ideas, I'll look out for anti slip mats or get a grassy one. I went in tonight and they were stuck up on top of the hutch again!! Tried to tempt them down but they weren't coming. So for now I've removed the table, don't want them stuck up there all night again, stupid buns :lol:

Back