• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you get your bunny from?

Where'd you get your bunny from!?

• Pet Shop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rescue Centre

• Specific Breeder

• Friend/Family

• Other

• Total voters

Monkey

Warren Veteran
I'm just curious to see where everyone got their bunnies from whether it be a pet shop, specific breeder, rescue centre, friend...... If you have two + then put the most recent one in the poll

I've got two bunnies, one called Pickle who i got from a petshop and another called Lillie from a rescue centre - Bowden Bunny Rescue in Flintshire!

Having got little Lillie from a rescue centre i would definately go there in future for bunnies, Pickle is gorgeous and so friendly but there are so many homeless bunnies waiting for a home!

I got teegra from a garden cantre/pet shop (i didnt know better but in their defence it was lovely large hutch and run with loads of hay, food and big bottles of water, they only deal with one breeder and they dont have buns in al the time, the breeder has a few rabbits and they have a large padock to live in - the man in the pet shop knew a lot about the place so i am guessing they do checks - they even knew the day when teegra was born) duchess i got from a rescue centre and in future i would go down the rescue route again

good topic :thumb: :D

My most recent bunnies are Salt and Pepper and they were from Jill at Honeybunny's.

Both of mine are from Eve at Briar Patch rescue :D I would always go to her again if I wanted another bun. So when I get a house with a big garden :lol:

You missed an option- freeads :lol:

Audrey was 'free to a good home' on freeads as her child owner was bored of her :( Well their loss is very much my gain :D

My new Bun, a friend for Audrey - Rowan (name TBC) is from a local rescue centre :)

Sooty was from a friends accidental litter, Holly was a resuce from someone who used to be a member here and Sweep and Blue :oops: well, they were from an error that I made :wink:

My two current bunnies were from rescue centres, but in Germany I had my first bunnies from a relative, who bred a few rabbits for their meat, and then my next bunnies from garden centres. At that time the animal shelters had only cats and dogs, and I did not know of any rabbit rescues in my area. I was surprised to see how many rabbit rescues there are in the UK.
Out of my 3 cats, 2 were strays and just decided to stay with us, and the third was from a rescue.

Egg was from a pet shop, and when her sister, Donut, died this summer we got her a companion who is a cheeky bun named Tuesday from a rescue.

Would definitely do the rescue route again.

Pippa was an ex-breeder bun from a farm park in Nottinghamshire and I adopted MJ from Bunnyhops Rescue. I'd always try to go down the rescue route now I know there are so many in need. The only exception to this would be a local breeder who breeds French Lops, I've seen her set up and she's lovely and if I wanted a baby Frenchie I would go to her, however I don't so I won't :lol:

I've had buns through all those options! :lol: :lol:

The buns I have now...
Clio - got her through a friend
Jasper - rescue
Tia Lucy - freeads
:D

I never thought of freeads!?

Was thinking of getting anpther couple of buns soon, was gonna convert my little garden shed to a winter run and playground for the ones i have at the moment with loads of ramps and tunnels and stuff for them and it'll keep them protected from the wind and rain too! 8)

I must admit before i knew better, Felix was actually a P@H bun, he was replacement bun to Keep Mikey company as his dad had just died.

Mike i bred myself, well not bred as i'm not nor ever have been a breeder, it was a one off thing again before i knew better, My rabbit Jack got with My friends rabbit Maddie and we let them have one litter, Maddie had 7 babies 1 of which died at 3 months (she was the runt) I kept Mikey and my friend Kept one (Digger) and the other 4 found loving homes.

Might be getting my first rescue bun soon though! :D

Mine came from a lady on Freecycle who had been rescuing bunnies and needed help to rehome some.

eta:

My first bun came from a nethie breeder, Jasper, the second one I'm not sure of, he might have been from the same breeder and he later turned out to have malloclusion. Neelix, the third one I think we got from a pet shop.

Gus our first bunster came from pet shop - he was kept in a tiny glass tank and at 6 months old had been written off as "too troublesome" (it was actually boredom and he is the best behaved of all 4 of my bunnies).

Lola and Bracken came from rescues - Lola to replace Betty our rescue bunny who died. Bracken because she's 7 and I didnt think many people would want her.

Frida came from a petshop this summer - kept in the tiniest cage I've seen and riddled with mites. She was 8 weeks old and was petrified for the first 3 days we had her. Although she now thinks she's the boss. I couldnt leave her behind. But I dont got into petshops anymore as it upsets me and I know I shouldnt get bunnies from there.

My first bun Mocha was from a pet shop. I didn't know our Humane Society had rabbits or I would have gone there. Plus my hubby surprised me with her because he saw me mooning over her at the store but I wasn't sure if I should get a rabbit or not.

Loki was from the local Humane Society. Mocha needed a friend, and I needed more rabbits! (Like I need a hole in the head, I've been told.)

Fey and Sprite were listed for sale in the classified ads of a shopping paper. I *knew* they were mine! And boy did they ever need me. Their owner was awful! :evil: He, btw, had gotten them from a show breeder that I think is the main one supplying rabbits to the local pet stores. :roll:

But in general I'm a shelter/rescue kind of gal. I nearly brought another bunny home when I went to adopt my kittens. It was so very hard not to take him home.

Rosie was a Christmas present from OH. He knew i loved bunnies and had always kept them when i lived with my parents. She was from P@H as we didn't know about all the rescues and the wonderful people doing such a great job. Leo, Rosie's husbun, came from Kirkby Pet Welfare. Danelion came from Nottingham RSCPA and his gf came from Jill @ Honeybunnies.

My mum and dad have two buns aswell, one from a friend who couldn't keep him anymore and another one from Honeybunies again.

Berri came from a pet shop, but a good one, she was kept in a large cage with a few other rabbits and had plenty of food, hay and water. :)

Some pet shops keep them really good, like my nearest Pets at Home, they have two very large enclosures for them, they always have food, water and hay, the enclosures are clean and they only get rabbits from one breeder I think, so what's wrong wiht that? :?

Oh, and Pebble and Ebony came from and accident with my neighbours rabbit, there was just three, we kept two and our neighbour kept one. Don't worry, it's definitely not going to happen again! :no: (although I really love them! :D )

I can't find any rabbit rescues here! If I could I would've got a rabbit from there.

We got Jessica from Giant Rabbit rescue in Kent.

We saw an article in the Daily Mail about the growing popularity of giant rabbits due to films like Wallace and Grommit's Curse of the Were Rabbit and the fact that owners cant cope and are taking them to rescues.

Back