• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hypnotising a bunny

lisey

Warren Scout
When i tipped a grumpy bunny onto his back at work the other day, he just closed his eyes and completely relaxed. He looked so cute i took some pics. Does this mean he's in a trance? I was told that putting them onto their back puts them into a trance. Seems right but maybe he wasjust comfy? I duno :?

I've heard 2 stories, 1. that it relaxes them completely and 2. that it is very distressing for them and frightens them...

The only way to bathe Pippa's bits and then cuddle her is to trance her, and she seems ok with it. However when the vet tipped her over her paws started shaking and she looked terrified, so I think it's the circumstances and the person which makes a difference.

iv only ever tried this once with teegra and he hated it (the vet tried too but she couldnt even tip him onto his back he hates it that much) i ahve never tried it with duchess. im sure some buns are very happy to be in that position but mine are not those bunnies i think it all depends on the bun and im sure you are the best person to tell if your bunny is stressed or not

I think it does depend on who is doing it.

For my bunnies 3 of them wont entertain it at all - I think it really upsets them

I have to check Gus daily for sticky bottom and so he's used to it - I give him a lot of fussing at the same time and I think he actually enjoys it although he flips back over when he's had enough.

But if Gail or the vet tries it, his little feel start shaking and its obvious he doesnt like it.

nietherof ours will let us do it, so we have found a better way. If you hold them with their backs against your chest, when you sitting down and then start to lean back slowly, eventually you can get them to lie against you.

I think they feel alot more secure like this as they can feel they are supported. Our two will let us do this to clip their claws and check their teeth etc.

image-upload-14-769645.jpg

Does this guy look stressed out to you :shock: :lol:
I tried this with my two when i got home, and now ive got the gashes on my hands and arms to show they didnt really like it :roll:

I've tried it with mine when they were new and still scared of me, they went limp and floppy, but it was obvious it was not because they felt at ease, I could see their paws trembling and their breathing was strained

Also I know Fifi doesn't like it, 'cos she flips herself over at any opportunity and runs away (with a thump)

Must be an evolutionary thing...or rabbit brains are not wired to see the world upside down and they are confused :lol:

Back