• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Gasket tried to hump Tappet - update 14.30

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
Hi,

I'm a little bit concerned because Gasket tried to hump Tappet last night. They are both un-neuthered boys and getting them done at the moment is not going to be an option as I'm out of the country from this coming Sunday for two weeks. Is this normal behaviour for buns their age or likely to be a prelude to them fighting? Taps is the more docile of the two and so far he's not show any aggression towards Gasket's advances. Gasket groomed Taps just before he started to hump him and Taps took it for a bit then backed off from Gasket who then went and had a lie down.

I'm going to get them done as soon as I get back and for now will have to ask the person who is looking after them to just keep an eye on them and if they start to fight (God forbid) to separate them. I've also put a plushie into the hutch which I am hoping Gasket might take out his frustration on.

Any other advice would be helpful.

Cheers

Jo

Oh Crikey two un-neutered Bucks together and reaching puberty :shock:

To be honest if you are going away and some-one else is looking after them I would seperate them. You may be able to get them back together after they have been neutered but if they have a fight BEFOREHAND you'll never get them together again (or at least it is extremely unlikely that you will)

Good Luck!!

Janex

Well, looks like I can get them in for tomorrow to be done. Then check up on Friday before they go to bunny camp on Saturday. This is probably the best course of action do you think? :?

Definately! :D The earlier you get them done the more likely you will be able to keep them as a pair. My boys were just starting to fall out when I got them done and they're still together now - all four of them. Just as an aside, I would recommend you take them down together and bring them home together and let them heal together as this helps keep the bond between them. Timing sounds perfect as you'll be with them for the first three days which is what the vet recommends you keep an eye on them for and then once they have the ok you can go on holiday with more peace of mind. :D Hope it all goes well.x

Thanks,

Please send big healing vibes their way as they have been dropped off at the vets this morning!

ETA, Vet says they are both fine and can come home! :D

Well, both buns are doing well so I'm now getting into holiday mode, off to Kenya on Sunday!

Strange thing about Gasket though, a few days before the op his right ear lopped, since he's been done, its back to being upright again. Anyone else had a similar thing happen?

Kittykat23uk said:
Well, both buns are doing well so I'm now getting into holiday mode, off to Kenya on Sunday!

Strange thing about Gasket though, a few days before the op his right ear lopped, since he's been done, its back to being upright again. Anyone else had a similar thing happen?

As long as its only his EAR that is errect!! :wink: :lol:

Glad they are both OK and hope you have a great holiday :D :D

Janex

Back