• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I the only one with a bunny that can't work treat balls?

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
I think Dusty is a bit er... intellectually-challenged!! She just sits and looks at it/sniffs it!

Clover loves tearing around with her's, gets it out of the corners etc. You'd think Dusty would be able to just copy her?! :? :lol:

I bought one for my cats. Woolly got the hang of it straight away, but Gizmo just sat and looked at it. Took him 1-2 months to work it out. :? :roll:

I can't work out at the moment whether she is too stooopid to use it, or she's thinking she is above it all and sitting there patiently waiting for me to give in and hand her the treats instead! :lol:

Pebble doesn't use it either, i have one between the three of them, Berri uses it all the time (she's the smartest :wink: ), Ebony sometimes uses it, but never Pebble :? . Maybe Berri tells them it's hers and they aren't allowed to play with it! :p

Marble pushes the ball along and Archie follows behind eating the pellets! Now thats team work :D Not sure Marble agrees though! :lol:

I feel all mine their science selective in treat balls and they all know to expect them first thing on a morning.

Gus and Frida chase theirs round the minute I put them down.

Lola has one of those egg-shaped ones and she picks it up and slams in on the floor usually dislodging all the pellets in one go. Sometimes though she knocks it down the stairs and just looks at it pitifully (she's never worked stairs out).

But Bracken just stares at her treat ball as if to say "what am I supposed to do with this stupid thing?!" - needless to say i give her food in a bowl too!

Albert and Poppy took quite a while to figure out what to do with theirs. I had to teach them (I guess that's where my job comes in handy!!). I left the food hole totally open then put a couple of pellets next to the treatball (as well as inside it), then every time the rabbits pushed the treatball I put more food down (if it didn't come out naturally!)...now they go crazy for it!!!!!!

Dudley didn't have a clue - he's not the brightest button. He used to nudge it once and give up!!

After watching the other 2 play bunny football with it for a couple of weeks he got the idea though. Bless 'im.

Pierre regularly gets confused between the treat ball and the jingle ball ( they are both the same colour but you would have thought the jinglejingle noise might be a give away.. :roll: )
Enya and Jo are far to cleaver for they're own good. i mixed a few bits of cereal in with the pellets when i filled the treat ball...they quickly caught on to this and proceded to empty the entire ball, eat thair favorite treats and leave the pellets all over the kitchen floor. :wink:

Fia either isn't interested or just doesn't get it. She doesn't seem to go mad for pellets really although Zion is a complete gannet!! I am sure if I could fill it with greens then she would be very interested but pellets really aren't her bag and she just eats them cos she's a bit hungry but she doesn't thrive. I am going to have to start feeding their pellets separately tut tut.

Back