• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Birmingham Buns....You people are UTTERLY AMAZING!!

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
Jane Dexter and I would like to say a huge, huge thank you to everyone who responded to our urgent appeal last Thursday regarding the 63 Birmingham Rabbits needing desperate help, sadly 22 had to be PTS immediatley on health grounds. :cry: :cry:

We were able to find safe havens for all the remaining rabbits, Louise (Doorkeeper) very kindly took quite a few of the bunnies temporarily until we could free up enough space to take some back and she also offered to liase directly with ARC who are taking some of the bunnies in a few weeks time when they are well enough to travel.

With your fantastic offers and support we have achieved this much sooner than expected and freed up enough space for some of the bunnies to return (Louise, could you ring Jane to make the necessary arrangements please).

Everyone, and there are far too many to mention by name, up and down and across the country have been amazing, offers of homes, foster care and transportation, the support has been superb.

I would also like to add that our hearts go out to the RSPCA Officers who had to deal with the distressing scenes that they witnessed.

Without Rabbit Rehome this would not have been possible.

Thank you all so very much

hi theo :wave: :wave: :wave: what a lovely day i had down an janes :D her hospitality was overwhelming

so please jane has enough spaces to get these bunnies back from louise and get them all sorted.

lovely to chat you you again today too

Eve x

bunnylove said:
hi theo :wave: :wave: :wave: what a lovely day i had down an janes :D her hospitality was overwhelming

so please jane has enough spaces to get these bunnies back from louise and get them all sorted.

lovely to chat you you again today too

Eve x

Hi Eve

Yep, Jane is fantastic, she does a brilliant job with her rescue and we are just so please to have been able to help all these poor buns

Glad you like sunny Warwickshire!! :lol:

glad they are all sorted and on the road to recovery now :D

Theo, are these a different case to what was on central news a few weeks ago :?: 75 rabbits came out of a house in Birmingham about 3 weeks ago and were distributed amongst rspcas around Birmingham, think it was Leicester, Barnshill, Derbyshire and a few others :?

Denny said:

Theo, are these a different case to what was on central news a few weeks ago :?: 75 rabbits came out of a house in Birmingham about 3 weeks ago and were distributed amongst rspcas around Birmingham, think it was Leicester, Barnshill, Derbyshire and a few others :?

These were a different case, these were 63 bunnies that an RSPCA Officer found on Thursday, this wasn't on the news.

isn't it awful that these cases are no longer "one offs"? :cry:

By the way Theo doesn't Spencer Loooove his greens?..nothing gets between him and a leaf! :lol:

honeybunny said:
isn't it awful that these cases are no longer "one offs"? :cry:

By the way Theo doesn't Spencer Loooove his greens?..nothing gets between him and a leaf! :lol:

You are not kidding!!, he'd never had them until he came to me and wasn't quite sure at first but then when he got the taste for them there was no stopping him!!, he also loves flat leaf parsley!!! pleased he's doing OK!

Yes Jill, I think it's awful that these cases are happening all too often!!, If only that person with our 63 had asked for help on the first litter but to just keep going was awful, I'm just pleased we got them now before it got any worse although all the adult females may well be pregnant so I think we have more to deal with, sad isn't it! :cry: :cry:

snowy said:
Denny said:

These were a different case, these were 63 bunnies that an RSPCA Officer found on Thursday, this wasn't on the news.

:( :( :( dont think we will see the end of this, and to think, winter has not really hit yet and already the rescues up here are choca-block :( :(

Thank you for all your kind comments and I can only say that you people would have done the same thing....of that I am sure, thank you so much

Rallybunny said:
They've all got somewhere to live now then??? :)

They've all got nearly sorted, we are taking some back that went out temporarily until we made the space.

So it's brilliant, all those bunnies saved!! :D :D

Hi Snowy!

You have done so well organising it all!
:thumb:
Jane was so nice, she even gave me some carrots with tops on for my buns as I can never find them round here...they love them :D

Do you know when you are getting the buns back?

Back