• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please could we help this lady

Carol X

Alpha Buck
I have been on another forum (guinea pig) and this poor lady is looking for help for her babbit.
This is what she has said
Posted - 29 October 2006 : 18:03:54
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
I've bathed my bunny this morning and by 3.30pm she has collapsed. She can't hold her head up and when i try to move her, her movements are all wobbly.
She is a house bunny so i've put her in her cage and wrapped blankets over her to keep warm and she hasn't moved since.
Does anybody have any idea what i've done to her. i thought maybe she's in shock from having a bath.

Many thanks

I think she needs to call the emergency vet, when a bunny collapses like that it's very sick.

Did she use anything when she bathed it? E.g. shampoo/soap? It's possible it could have had a reaction to that.

Tam

No news so far. I think bunny had a dirty bum, not 100 shore.
Thank everyone will let you now when I do.
Carol X

Or the water was too cold (or bunny wasn't dried off well) and he got a chill? He definately needs a vet though. And like Tamsin said, what he was bathed with would help too.

The bunny was only given a bum wash ,not a full bath and the lady used her normal shampoo she used lots of times before. So
bunny went to the vets this morning. Still very wobbly and weak her gums are pale, her feet and ears are cold.
After being at the vets they were unable to find anything wrong. So the treatment is metacam in case she is in pain and to take her back tomorrow.
That is all so far.
Carol X

Back