• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neglected Guinea pigs

elaine

Mama Doe
Today I have had a lady fetch (19) guineas into me as she says she could no longer cope with them, when I asked her about the skin, like where is the fur and why are they such a mess she said they havn't been neglected and have access to the garden all day and the skin clears up in a few days, ummm is it me or am I totally losing the plot
all 19 are in this condition

no1sow.jpg

boar2.jpg

Poor little babies :cry: hope they all make a full recovery. God I hate people sometimes :evil: my new baby boy was rescued from some kids who were kicking him around - can't even begin to describe what I'd do to the little ******** if I got hold of them :evil: :evil:

That's awful Elaine, how people have the cheek to still be in denial when the evidence is in front of you I have no idea. Hope the little piggies are on their way back to health soon.

Gemma x

OMG Elaine, they look awful. Stupid woman. What do you think their chances are, they look as bad as the ones me and Gemma brought you. Makes your heart break really. How on earth have you fitted them in??

they are now residing in quarantine in the garden until they can be showing signs of it clearing, I don't think it is ringworm I think it is very bad mite but they will recover I am sure

ELaine

cute_fuzzies said:
Oh that's so awful :shock:

It's not ringworm is it??? :shock:

That is what I wondered when I saw the picture, most of the mite infected piggies I get in dont usually have facial lesions :?

to be honest I have seen mite worse than this once they start scratching they will take so much skin off, if it is ringworm I will have to deal with it

Elaine

:shock: :shock: :shock: OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: Is there no end to this animal abuse!!

Well done for taking them in, at least they are safe with you!!

OMG!!! Reminds me of when i got Douglas. Hes my latest piggy. He was kept in a hamster cage. His owners said he was fed and watered and cleaned out once a week. Made me cry when i brought him home. He had bad case of mites, and was a fatty, cos of lack of exercise. Hes all good now.

Hope these piggies get better really soon

Gracie and animals x

Back